Feral Cat Rescue Shelter

The Feral Cat Rescue needs to relocate as of October 10, 2017.  The Town of Shelburne has served the Rescue an order to cease and desist as of this date leaving 30+ cats without a place to live as well as no services to help the cats.  The Shelburne Feral Cat Rescue has operated for four years out of the basement of the home of Sharon Morden who has taken it upon herself to provide a sanctuary where Feral cats are fixed, vaccinated, socialized and rehomed instead facing the fate of most SPCA's and Humane Societies which is euthaniasia.  Feral cats need time to build trust and thats exactly what the rescue offers these cats.   90 % of the cats are able to be placed into a home while the other 10% prefer to live in a approved barn with little contact with people.  Since inception the Feral Cat Rescue has helped 973 cats and has raised the funds through donations and a low cost spay and neuter transport service where a donation is received for driving owned cats to the low cost clinic that would normally not be fixed due to the high cost. 

But this Fundraising Campaign is Different in that we are facing a situation that is time sensitive and critical to continue the care of our existing resident cats as well as many more that will need help going forward.  It will consist of a School portable for the sanctuary, intake and isolation room as well as an outdoor enclosure that will be a park like setting where visitors can sit on benches amoungst the trees and cat friendly landscape.  

We have explored the option of renting but one years rent would cost the same as purchasing a building.  We have found a portable school room that is 24 x 34 and is insulated and in excellent shape.  We also have been extremely fortunate to have a kind lady who has a cow pasture that she no longer uses and has offered it as a location to save the rescue.


 We are in the process of obtaining the appropriate approvals from the Township and the County and should have them completed by September 7th.  We have spoken to the hydro, electrical contractors, plumbers and other trades and they are ready to go. 

We would like to recognise the contributors by having names listed on a plaque to be proudly displayed in the entrance.  This is our community shelter and we could not have come as far as we have if it were not for our supporters.  

THANK YOU for reading our story.  Every little bit helps the cats to have a better life.

Please feel free to contact Feral Cat Rescue for more information.

Donations

 See top
  • Nancy Day 
    • 200 $ 
    • 10 mos
  • Kristen Woodford 
    • 5 $ 
    • 17 mos
  • Kristen Woodford 
    • 11 $ 
    • 25 mos
  • Gillian Lauder 
    • 45 $ 
    • 30 mos
  • Cheryl McNickle 
    • 100 $ 
    • 30 mos
See all

Organizer

Sharon Morden 
Organizer
Shelburne, ON
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more