Kristallin Veterinary Treatments
-Our first night together.
Kristallin is a rescue Portuguese Tortoiseshell cat whos been my sole companion throughout my whole adult life. We have been through thick and thin together, and undoubtedly my once-in-a-lifetime cat. She's been my pillar of strength and loyalty through the worst and I know I will never find one like her again.
For those who have been following or just passed by my online content, you most likely have seen this sweetest, and smartest spawn of Tortitude satan. She has been a fundamental part of my whole online career and made herself indispensable by being, as I like to call her, one of the hardest working pets on Twitch.
- In recent months her health has been deteriorating, I knew she was having some discomfort so three months ago I took her to an appointment but the veterinarian at the time brushed off my concerns as it to be an "old and cranky" type of behavioural issues and that there was nothing wrong with her physically.
- She went from being able to pass stool every day, to only once every two days to NONE at all despite my numerous attempts to help her in any way I could and on the 21 of September, I called the clinic while massaging her belly as Kris laid on the floor in pain, totally understanding I was trying to help her and I rushed with her to an emergency appointment, she was so full of faeces that the veterinarian couldn't even get a thermometer in to check her temperature so she had a superficial enema done on her.
- Since then we've gone back and forth to take blood tests, x-ray and urine samples and none of them gave great news, to try to pinpoint what was wrong with her we were also referred to a specialist.
- With the cooperation of the veterinarian and the specialist, we found a stone which might be what's causing her some of the pain and that her liver not only is unusually small for a cat her size but is also not performing as a normal liver should. The reason why she is not being able to pass her stool normally is that she is severely dehydrated, due to the liver issues she is not able to retain water which causes the poop dry inside her.
- On Friday the 30th SEP, in order to make it through the weekend she had to undergo a full enema under general anaesthesia and has had two sessions of IV drips to rehydrate which have really made a difference. She is now taking painkillers to recover from the enema procedure and Lactulose to soften her stool every 8h.
Each of these consultations has never cost me less than £ 300 , on Friday 30th SEP it cost over £ 1000 without even adding the travel costs. Everything that can be done by the veterinarian its being done in order to save costs but the treatment she needs is out of his scope and that's why I have also been referred to the specialist who has given me an estimate of £3800 to £5000 for all the procedures she will need and without counting with the further check-ups at the veterinarian.
Right now I am drowning in Vet bills, wherever I could cut costs I have, I have asked for payment plans because this is something I could cover by installments but they want it all paid upfront which is something I can't after how much I already spent on Kristallin these last two weeks and the emergency trip back home after my mom's sudden passing.
Her liver problem is unfortunately untreatable, the discussion of putting her to sleep hasn't even been brought to the table but if both professionals agree there's nothing that can be done then I will concede but I refuse to give up on her easily. If her problem is managed it will dramatically improve the chance I might still have a few more years with her and give her the comfortable senior life she deserves. As much as I hate creating this page because I can be prideful to a fault and far too often refuse to ask for help, she means much more to me than all of that. I won't have another one of her again.
For those willing to help, I will be as transparent as possible with the Vet costs and updates on Kristallin and will show receipts if necessary.
Thank you to everyone in the community who has asked and strongly incentivised me to create this fund.
DonationsSee top donations
Fareham Road, Gosport