The Whole Picture:
KOOP started as an idea 2 years ago and since then, we have: offered pop up play days, Winter, Spring & Summer Adventure Play Camps, created Annual Cardboard Challenges, added the area’s first Adventure Play Afterschool program and have been working with a PTA to redesign a playground to promote nature play with loose parts in a school setting.
While we are so proud of what we’ve done since our inception, we also have our eyes on the future and the next phase of our work in CU as we continue to:
· Create an adventure playground in CU
· Bring in loose parts to more schools
· Keep CU at the forefront of the global and national play movement!
· Advise/partner/design other nature playscapes and alternative playgrounds
· Train and give workshops on play and playworking to teachers, early childhood professionals & parents
· Establish a child- directed learning center
· Help adultsaccess their playful sides
· Be a community resource on play for children and families
· Provide another option for the development of kids in CU
· Create a culture in CU and beyond that understands and supports the importance of play.
In order to move forward with these goals and more, we simply must file our federal non- profit paperwork… NOW. To continue this amazing growth, we will need to apply for grants, accept donations and formalize the structure of our organization as we prepare to make our big goals a reality in the coming years. Because this process is lengthy, it’s imperative that this paperwork immediately.
To file our non- profit paperwork, we will need $1700. Here is the breakdown of our expenses:
· $850 filing fee with the IRS
· $750 consulting and professional advice on the paperwork and organization structure
· $100 fee that Gofundme charges (roughly 6%)
The money raised goes straight towards this very specific effort. In fact, for this to have the biggest impact and in order to apply for an amazing grant- we need to raise this money in the next TEN DAYS!
We are asking you to partner with us financially as we work to better our community of Champaign- Urbana. Please help us reach this major goal so that we can continue to provide amazing, child- directed play opportunities for years to come!
$25- Playful Thank- You Note (Be sure to private message us an address!)
$50- Entered into a drawing for ½ off of 1 week of Spring or Summer Camp 2017 ($105 value!)
$100- Entered into a drawing for 1 FREE WEEK of Spring or Summer Camp 2017 ($210 value!)
(1 winner in $50 category, 1 winner in $100 category. Values based on current camp costs, values could change, but we will honor 50% off and 100% at whatever cost the camps are advertised at for Spring 2017 and Summer 2017.)
Thank you for helping KOOP work to create a more playful environment for our kids, adults and families in Champaign- Urbana and the surrounding communities! Your support makes a difference!
- Eileen Horowitz
- Noah Levine-Small
- christina montgomery
- Bethany Thompson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more