We are excited to announce that our high school junior, Trinity O’Donnell, has decided to pursue a medical career in Orthopedic Surgery. She is 1 out of 2 students selected to represent her high school, “Washington-Lee” of Arlington VA, to attend a 9-day “on-campus” program at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Ranked #8 in the country for Surgical education. This June, she will discover what the residency experience is like and will be eligible for 2 college credits after completion of the program. The program is through Envision’s National Youth Leadership Foundation. https://www.envisionexperience.com/program-catalog?level=hs www.NYLFmed.com
We are seeking Sponsors to defer some of the cost for tuition, travel, and other expenses. Trinity also plans to work part-time to contribute as well as apply for scholarships. Every contribution helps no matter how small.
The curriculum is interactive, designed for students to step into the life of a medical practitioner through hands-on medical and health care activities.
In addition to learning Clinical Skills daily, she will:
· Spend a day in the Medical Simulation Center where med students, residents, and physicians perfect their medical skills, testing the latest technology with guidance from experts. Among simulations, she will experience “Triage During a Mass Casualty Disaster”, assessing and prioritizing victims based on the severity of their injuries, and practice applying medical knowledge in high-pressure environments.
· Be coached on emotional skills including; behavior, ethics, leadership and mindset of a Medical Practitioner.
· Observe a surgery while a physician narrates through the procedure and answers questions.
· Spend a day learning Emergency Medicine for outdoor emergencies; splinting, wound care and blood control.
· Attend seminars from some of the most well-regarded and prominent leaders, educators, and physicians in the medical community including professors from Stanford University School of Medicine's Department of Emergency Medicine.
· Talk with current residents and gain important insight on how to successfully navigate the medical school application process, and which educational requirements are needed and hear what life after med school is like. She will be exposed to a diversity of career options within the medical realm
· Learn effective resume building for the Medical Industry
The tuition for NYLF Medicine program at UCLA includes:
· Housing on Campus for 9 days
· Breakfasts and Dinners
· Supervisory Personnel
· Program Materials: (books, scrubs)
· All Program Activities
· Medical Schools Site Visits
· A News Press Announcement of Attendance
· A Certificate of Completion
Breakdown of Expenses:
$200 College Credits (Not included in tuition)
$650 Air Fare to UCLA (Not included in tuition)
$200 Daily Lunch and Incidentals
"I’m so excited for this opportunity to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum: Medical Program at UCLA and surround myself in the expertise of Medical Professionals and what I aspire to be. Please be a part of my journey to help make a difference in peoples lives, and put my strengths and potential to good use. This program is going to be a life changing experience. Thank you for sponsoring me."
DonationsSee top donations
- Aunt Nora Mason
- Michelle Farias
- John Massey
Fundraising team: Team Trinity (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more