If you want to donate less than 5€: paypal.me/soraimperial
My 1 year old King Oedipus has suffered a very serious accident. He smashed his T13 vertebrae, his fibula, tibiae and hip. He also developed a pneumothorax that almost killed him, but this has already been resolved.
He was almost dead. Euthanasia was even suggested by the vets. We absolutely refused. We would not enter in therapeutic torture, but we decided to fight. And he also kept fighting and is doing his best, everyday. We couldn't do otherwise. He's our furbaby, with us since he was a month old, rescued as a feral.
I live in a stupid country (Portugal) where no vet credit exists and we always have to make payments in advance. AKA, if we don't pay full price, a surgery will not go through. Even the Vet staff is amazed at how much we are "burning" on him, some say that they couldn't afford what we are doing... but every €€ feels so well spent on our baby.
(This is him before the surgery. Looking tired but strong willed!)
We've already spent all our money, plus some that my parents gladly gave us and my savings.
So. This is the list of what we have already paid. I have no way to prove that we have paid it effectively (except the first clinic), because the facturation comes at the end. But whatever proof I can obtain, I will.
- 198.5€ in the emergency vet clinic. First place we took him, he got xrays, sedation and stabilization until we transfered them to the University Hospital.
- 850€ for the vertebrae surgery.
- 300€ for a CT scan.
- 650€ for the stays, xrays, medication, tube feeding, algaliation.
We currently have a 100€ credit (we made a 250€ downpayment yesterday) that will cover stay costs probably until tomorrow.
(He was like this as a baby! Most beautiful thing!)
- Costs of stay and medication until next week. Each day is 15€ plus medication and small procedures, so goes around to 50€ each day.
- Tibiae surgery for 400€, that will probably go down next week.
- Hip surgery for 600€, which we still don't know that will happen.
- Rehabilitation and therapy... we haven't even started looking for prices, but it will be pricey. A lot.
- Our regular monthly expenses, such as utilities and mortgages.
He is in 24h care at the University Veterinary Hospital of Lisbon (http://hospital.fmv.utl.pt/
) which is one of the best - and cheapest - vet care units in my city. We visit him everyday and we will post regular photoupdates on himb!
Thank thank you very much for the time to read it. Thank your for your kindness spent with us.