Want to join us in making a difference for local kids in foster care? We are raising money to benefit Connect With A Wish during the Holiday Season, and any donation will help make an impact!
Connect With A Wish works to connect the wishes and needs of children in local Foster Care with the generosity of our community. We provide the resources and support needed to give these children the opportunity to grow into positive and productive members of our community.
Your donation will help us with our 5th Annual Coat Drive (we provide a coat for every child in local foster care), our Holiday Gift Project (we fill specific holiday gift requests for children in Virginia Beach foster care) and our Santapalooza Event (holiday walk-thru event for foster families in Virginia Beach).
We provide services all year round for local children in foster care, some of the things we accomplished in 2020 were:
- Wish Program (wishes including braces, sporting events, classes in the arts, etc.)
- Clothes Closet (filled with clothes from newborn-adult for children and youth in foster care)
- Placement Referrals (provide items for successful foster placements into area homes and families)
- Handle with Care Program (provide comfort bags for each child removed from their home into care)
- Birthday Brigade (provide birthday bag with small gifts, cake mix, candles, party plates, etc)
- Supporting Success (we provide many needed items for older youth living independently)
- Connect to Careers (we provide resume workshops, career counseling services, networking events)
- College Tuition Fund (raised $24,000 in college tuition for young adults from foster care attending college)
- Girls/Boys Youth Group (handles topics such as self-esteem, friendship, career planning, team building)
- Summer Camps (sent approx. 250 children to special camps in the past six summers)
- Back to School Pep Rally (we provide over 300 children in foster care with school supplies)
- Shelton Clough
- Amy Siverd
- Michaela falvey
Virginia Beach, VA
Connect With A Wish
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.