Kick Rocks Solidarity Fund

41083100_1564864007206388_r.jpeg

Kick Rocks Forever are protesting the systematic racism that the owners of Clarkville and Local 44 are perpetuating. The majority of the staff of Clarkville left the company shortly after the unjust termination of one of their beloved coworkers, who is a person of color. He is one of three people that have been fired since last September from front of house, ALL of whom are people of color. He grew up in this neighborhood and was a well-loved hard worker to both employees and customers.

They make it no priority to hire people of color or West Philly natives. The majority of the staff are white transplants from other cities.
They have also fired people in the past for being too gay. They willingly employed two known rapists that they were warned about prior to hiring and put us all at risk. Additionally an owner made an Instagram post stating he would “... sooner reclaim slavery than another piece of wood”. Another owner yelled at a Muslim employee for praying on the clock. These are part of a string of incidents that reflect a culture of inequality the ownership creates.

Please respect their right to a silent protest.

Due to the financial burden of one employee being fired and the others quitting, we are asking for donations by the community. The money will be split by giving 35% to the employee who was fired and the other 65% will be divided evenly among the employees who quit in solidarity. 

Additionally, please share information about potential employment to KickRocksForever@gmail.com 

Anything will help! Please spread the word!

Donations (0)


  • Benjamin Relethford 
    • $20 
    • 11 d
  • Caitlin Rooney  
    • $10 
    • 16 d
  • Justin DeLoatch  
    • $36 
    • 16 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $40 
    • 17 d
  • Julia Stone 
    • $50 
    • 18 d

Organizer 


Kick Rocks 
Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more