Through the offering of the educational green building tours of this LBC demonstration project, we recently launched our "Kick-Finisher Campaign" to allow the project to self-fundraise completion of the project's vision.
The 5 primary initiatives the "Kick-Finisher Campaign" fundraising will enable are:
1. Measurement and verification hardware and software systems necessary to share whole building live performance data with the public including all net-zero energy, water and wastewater systems.
2. Permitting fees to support additional net-zero energy systems showcased by the demonstration project, which may include, solar PV, vertical-axis wind and micro-hydro renewable energy systems with advanced controls and on-site battery storage.
3. On-going recycled wastewater systems operator inspections and maintenance fees to support the net-zero on-site individual wastewater treatment systems employed by the project.
4. Enhanced project website design and educational materials necessary to improve public interface with the project and increase project exposure with the goal of educating and inspiring others.
5. Support the LBC project documentation and certification process.
The "Kick-Finisher Campaign" hosted via the GoFundMe page, humbly recommends the following donations for scheduling and attending one of our educational green building tours or educational workshops:
- Industry Professionals and Organizations: $50 donation per tour attendee
- Student Rate: $25 donation per tour attendee
- Educational Workshop/Presentation tailored to your organization: $500 donation
Please note: All educational tour and workshop requests should be coordinated with Aaron Ackerman directly. Donating to the GoFundMe Kick-finisher Campaign does not in and of itself schedule an educational tour or workshop. Please contact Aaron Ackerman directly via the project website to schedule a tour or educational workshop. Link: http://www.livingbuildingchallengehawaii.com/contact-us
As the person who has worn each of the hats on the project team to getting this Living Building Challenge Demonstration Project off the ground, Aaron Ackerman offers a highly educational building tour that is second to none. Most tour guides simply recite a memorized storyline and collect business cards from tour attendees so they can "follow-up" on questions they cannot answer. As the person responsible for managing the project vision, fundraising, project design, material sourcing, construction, permitting, operations, maintenance, and LBC documentation, there is no project related inquiry that Aaron cannot respond to on the spot.
Like a seed blown from a dandelion, this LBC demonstration project creates future opportunities for other projects to benefit from, by growing first - where others cannot initially grow. The project is a seed of change, sprouting out of the soil to inspire and educate others to create projects of their own. Please join our Kick-Finisher Campaign today and help us to deliver on this vision.
Thank-you for making your donation today to support our cause! No amount is too small. Every dollar gets us closer to our goal.
- Iolani School Millikan
- 'Iolani School Sustainability Tour
- AIAS Hawai'i Chapter
- LbE Hawaii Sierra Vaughn
- AIA Honolulu
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more