Hello & welcome to our King Harbor Youth Foundation Fundraiser 2023!
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we cannot run the fantastic programs we offer without your generous donations.
Who are we?
Established 40 years ago as a foundation to promote youth sailing and develop young sailing enthusiasts, the program has proudly grown to offer many sailing opportunities. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to getting kids of all backgrounds on the water.
What do we do?
King Harbor Youth Foundation offers year-round sailing programs. Ranging from Summer camps to our competitive year-round Opti and High School FJ Race Teams (Redondo Union, Mira Costa, South High, & Torrance), Fall and Spring Learn-to-Sail classes, and our New Channels Program.
New Channels is our outreach program partnership. They liaise with a vast family of local community-based non-profits and organizations to provide underserved youth that might not otherwise have the opportunity to get out on the water.
Sailing is more than just being out on the water. Harnessing the power of the wind and navigating the ocean requires a myriad of skill sets.
Our participants learn a lot:
- Self-confidence & Self-esteem - with the mantra of “I can do this!”
- Adversity - tackling the elements, instantly handling the unexpected and immediately figuring it out, thus creating Self-reliance
- Teamwork and Leadership skills create effective communicators and good team members
- The mechanics of sailing helps them realize that any actions, big or small, create an instant reaction. There's even some science and math involved with navigation and reading the weather and waves!
- Water safety encourages respect for the ocean and, last but not least, the power of possibility and a sense of freedom. All valuable skills useful on land as well as at sea.
Sailing is more than an activity - It’s a lifestyle and a welcoming community. Sailing brings people together. I don’t know about you, but wouldn’t you want to sail? Sailing is also a green and sustainable activity, so what’s not to love?
Now for the most important part: How can I help?
All this sadly doesn’t come without a price. Your donations will help to support our Opti and FJ Race Teams - providing new & maintaining boats, trailers and the other necessary equipment, and buffer the costs of participation. Your generous gifts will also help us to provide opportunities for underserved youth that might not otherwise have the opportunity to get out on the water via New Channels.
We hope you have learned something about our fantastic programs and are able to aid us in generously donating to help make a massive difference!
So please, please, please DIG DEEP and generously help support our Sailors for the upcoming year. We really can't do this without your support!! Thank you in advance.
Fundraising team (6)
Sally Ann Wright
Redondo Beach, CA
King Harbor Youth Foundation
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Raised $500 from 5 donations
Raised $150 from 1 donation