Running for this November 6 elected position takes VOLUNTEERS AND MONEY. Money for what you may ask...yard signs, mailings, brochures, etc. to get the word out about 1) who I am 2) why I am doing this 3) why vote for me! I am proud to be endorsed by the Utica Education Association, our teachers union and am running as an independent.
So why am I doing this?
* I want the best for MY kids, YOUR kids, OUR kids...and OUR collective community
* Our teachers and education support are amazing & continue to need strong advocates
* Our educational system in Michigan & UCS is under financial distress - with my business knowledge, problem solving, and listening skills, I want to dig into where we can save money
* Strong schools = strong property values
*As a Senior Manager for General Motors, who has worked globally for 20 years in purchasing, supply chain and logistics - I will bring a business savvy and a love and commitment to Utica Community Schools and the School Board.
*I'm a graduate of Chippewa Valley High School, Michigan State University (BA) and Oakland University (MBA) and have two children at Crissman Elementary School. I have been a strong supporter and volunteer of UCS schools as a former PTA Secretary and classroom volunteer and have demonstrated an ability as a relationship builder, working with parents and teachers in the District.
*My father (Chet Boss) was a 37-year teacher at Henry Ford II and my mom was a PTO leader at my Elementary School. My parents helped me gain, throughout my life, a true respect our teachers and education support employees and I have always supported an environment where children, parents and our teachers work together for a common goal. I want to do what I can to be a voice for our teachers and their incredibly difficult roles as leaders, protectors, mediators and counselors who work with very limited resources.
My passionate beliefs regarding what my role would be as a Utica Schools Board of Education member:
* As a purchasing professional, I'm focused on how to best optimize our total value with high quality and service
* I believe all children have the right to a great education
* I respect our teachers and education support and hold our partnership in high regard and will do all I can to support them
* I believe that teachers and educational support personnel are motivators and know the unique needs of each child
* Our school funding issues continue to be challenging at not just the local but state levels and I am willing to dig in, understand and make strong recommendations that will help our children
* I believe our kids, teachers and staff deserve to be in a safe environment and we need appropriate training to handle the possibility of an active threat
* I believe we need additional staff to support those children with medical and special needs
* I believe our teachers, staff and parents deserve open, transparent communication by the UCS Board of Education, Superintendent, Administration and Schools
DonationsSee top donations
- Guy Kebbe
- Jennifer Clor
- Dawn Jenkins
- Yvonne Sawyers-Swanson
- Tony & Jenny Popovski
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more