• Compound fracture in left tibia -- had to have pins placed in to stabilize the fracture
• Blood vessels were compressed above the fracture cutting off blood flow to her foot but they opened back up after the surgery and blood flow is good now
• Fractures in both sides of her pelvic bone -- will have surgery on that in the coming days, probably next week, to fix that but not positive what the procedure will be yet
• Split sacrum -- will have to have a procedure probably at the same time as other hip surgery but will have to run other tests to see exactly what they have to do
• Lacerations to liver -- should fix themselves
• Blood clots in kidney -- are clearing themselves out
• Torn aorta -- stent graph was put in during emergency surgery last night; all bleeding has stopped
• There are no brain injuries so the neck brace was taken off
• All bleeding from internal injuries has stopped
• Physical therapy will be needed for a long long time
Kelli will be in Trauma ICU for awhile, then rehab and physical therapy.
Kelli's parents Mitch and Patti McElveen will have to miss work and travel cost back and forth to hospital, meals on the go.
So lets help this family out with donations to get some stress off of them so they can focus on getting Kelli healed and back to the vibrant teenage with a whole life ahead of her.
Any donations even $1.00 will help and are greatly apprectiated!