I love my students, my subject, and my school. I don't love my plastic folding tables. I am grateful to have tables at all, but they are only a temporary solution and not ideal for a high school ART classroom. I am asking for funds for new tables ideal for an art classroom. The following details the reasons for this need:
1. New tables will provide a smooth, non-textured surface for uninterupted application of all art mediums.
Current tables have a rough textured surface leaving impressions on paper.
2. New tables will have a heavy solid steel frame that will stay in place and not fold unnecessarily. Current tables are light and move constantly and have the potential to fold unexpectedly. I have made marks on my floor so the students can move the tables back at the end of every class period.
3. . New tables will allow unencumbered arm movement. Current tables lack elbow room. There would be enough room if these students were perhaps elementary kids, but these high schoolers are usually larger than I am.
4. New tables will provide more work surface area.
Current tables lack surface space for large projects.
5. New tables will be a comfortable height when standing is required for the artistic process or when hands-on teacher help is needed. Current tables are low. Art instruction takes constant modeling and demonstration, usually on a surface as close as possible to students' projects. My individual instruction is often given with a bent back (as pictured) or squatting knees.
6. New tables will provide a strong professional and specialized atmosphere. Current table type is often used for buffets and garage sales. Again, I appreciate that I have tables at all. However, I recognize they do not send a message of high artistic expectations to students and peers.
The best priced and best suited tables I have found are high workbench tables from Sams at $199.98 each. Two students can use one table, classroom need is 14 tables. Stools for these tables are $213.76/4 pack, I will need 7 sets of stools. The total is $4276.04. I will use approximately $800 from our school art account. Therefore I am asking for any help that will contribute to a goal of $3500.
Your contribution will be appreciated beyond words. Know that many needs will be met and students will be on the road to meeting their full artistic potential as they find their space and their place in, what will be, a professional and creative setting.
Click here to see new table details.
Click here for new stool details
- GoFundMe Team
- James Sistrunk
- Alanna Sistrunk
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more