Hi my name is Kalep Roberson. I am a husband, father to 3, and a Gospel worker serving in Romania through Belief in Motion. My family and I have been serving full-time in Romania for 4 years. We serve in many areas; however, the top ministry areas are education, elderly, discipleship, and church planting.
Crosslands Seminary-Level Program
After attending a European Church Planting Conference last year, I have been given an opportunity to advance my education and training through Crosslands Seminary. In partnership with the Porterbrook Network, Oak Hill Theological College and Acts 29, Crosslands offers robust and rigorous theological training whilst allowing the student(me) to remain and serve in their(my) context.
Crosslands Seminary Level Program is currently a three-year diploma course offering three specializations; Church Planting, Church Leadership or Cross-Cultural Mission. Crosslands aims to provide excellent in-context theological training and resources across Europe and the 10:40 window in order to:
- Make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Equip Christians and Christian Leaders in partnership with local missional churches
-Nurture a culture of multiplication and church planting
- Invest in the next generation of missionary theologians
As a missionary and elder of our church plant in Sintelec, Romania, I am seeking to further equip myself as a Gospel worker and leader. The purpose of attending seminary is two-fold.
Why is Crosslands right for me and Belief in Motion?
- Personal growth and advancement in order to better lead and preach and live the Word to the Romanian and Roma people. I do not have to leave my ministry and work to study with Crosslands, and an added bonus is that the coursework is limited to 10 hours a week for study and assignments- allowing me time to invest in ministry and the lives of the Romanian people.
- Through this program, we as a ministry will be given the opportunity to implement this rigorous theological training in our efforts to spread the Gospel and plant churches in Romania and beyond. Crosslands desires to have their training contextualized and translated in the various languages in EU/10:40 window. As a student, I am seeking opportunities to aide in the translating and contextualization of the course material.
Over the next few years, we hope to be a Crosslands Learning Hub using our Discipleship Center and future Multifunctional Center as an outlet for Romanian and Roma seminary students to receive the same type of training. This seminary is apart of our ministries plan to multiply, raise and send Romanian missionaries to further the gospel in Romania and beyond.
~ Discipleship Center, Sintelec, RO
If you would like more information on the importance and implications of my seminary education, please email me at [email redacted] or leave a comment on my GoFundMe page.
What are my responsibilities as a student @ Crosslands?
- Weekly Study and participation in discussion forums
- Completion of course assignments
- Attendance at two 5- day residentials in September and July (each year, travel expenses not included in tuition costs-listed below)
- Attendance at 5 seminar days throughout year (virtual attendance likely for me because of current location and ministry requirements)
- Attendance at one 2-day Pastoral Conference (travel not included in tuition costs)
Fundraising Goal and Itemized Expenses:
- Tuition and Fees = 2871 USD (per year)
- Tuition includes all coursework related materials, room and board at residentials and seminar days and conference.
- Total Estimated Travel Expenses = 800 USD
Airfare/Bus/Taxi/CityTransportation =290.00 (each trip x 3 trips a year )
- to and from residentials and conferences.
- Expected GoFundMe Transaction Fee costs =179.00 USD
Approximate GRAND TOTAL = 3700.00 USD
For more info contact me via email , facebook , or comment.