Justin Grizzle

Justin Grizzle has worked for the Aurora Police Department for 15 years in various assignments throughout the Police Department.

Justin is married to his wonderful wife, Michell of 15 years. Justin and Michell both have serious medical conditions. Michell is a local dispatcher, however she  has used all of her leave and is on short term disability with the application in for long term disability. 

Justin has not been able to come to work, creating a financial burden on both of them that is an added stress.

Justin has allowed me to tell a short version of their story:

Michell has been battling very serious significant medical issues for many years. Her current battle started 9 years ago with a severe medical condition which caused her very serious gastro intestinal complications. After countless tests and MRI's, cat-scans, gastric emptying scans, gall bladder tests and many other countless tests she was diagnosed with gastro-paraylization. Which is a very complicated disease but in short her stomach and intestines have become paralyzed and does not function. Which means she can't eat without vomiting and immense amounts of pain and complications because her stomach no longer works. So a feeding tube was the only option because Michell was not getting the proper nutrition to sustain a healthy life. Learning that living with a feeding tube is not a life we wanted to live a hard decision was made to remove approximately 90% of her stomach in hopes the remaining 10% of her stomach with muscle memory would remember how the stomach is suppose to function.

(After several other hospital visits and being sent back and forth from the hospital to home it was determined that Michell had severe pancreatitis and all of her blood levels were extremely elevated and that we need to act now or her liver, kidneys and lungs would be damaged and death was a possibility) Along with the pancreatitis her liver numbers were now coming back negatively and the fear of liver damage was happening.

Michell has not had any food for over a month and malnutrition was a huge concern. So a decision was made to have a PICC line installed so I could feed my wife through a catheter that was inserted into her arm and goes straight to her heart, which has its own set of complications. So if and when we were to be released from the hospital I now had the responsibility in feeding my wife's nutrition through her arm since she could not eat or drink anything.

It was learned that Michell also has breast cancer. This last recent hospital stays of over a month has completely drained all of her sick, vacation and anytime she has with her employer. So we were forced to have my wife go on leave without pay, which has very hurtful to us financially.

I also have been forced to take a month and a half off just to dedicate the time and effort of taking care of my wife and spending whatever remaining days I have left with her.
Michell is going in for another surgery next week (Second week of July) to try to combat some of the problems she is having.

Any donations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for helping out one of our own.


  • Chris and Emily Maddock 
    • $100 
    • 33 mos
  • John Spera 
    • $500 
    • 34 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $150 
    • 34 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 34 mos
  • Pamala Kagarise 
    • $50 
    • 34 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Justin Grizzle 
Aurora, CO
Justin Grizzle 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more