Juan & Amanda's House Fire

31958808_1533659902840886_r.jpeg

Augusta, Ga. (WJBF) - - An early morning house fire swept through a home in South Augusta.

It broke out around 4 a.m. on the 2500 block of Rhodes Drive.

This home is located in the Kendan Park neighborhood near Bungalow Road. 

"After crews arrived they were able to get the fire under control within the first ten to fifteen minutes," said Michael Meyers, Augusta Fire Department. " However, because of the condition of the home, the structure fire ended up going pretty much throughout the entire home."

One firefighter was injured but is expected to be okay.

We're told the residents of the home were not inside at the time of the fire.

 
Officials say the home has no electricity at the moment and the residents were in their car using the air conditioner at the time of the fire.

Donations (0)

  • Robert Smith 
    • $10 
    • 14 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $80 
    • 14 mos
  • C B 
    • $100 
    • 14 mos
  • Katherine Thompson 
    • $50 
    • 14 mos
  • carolyn r 
    • $10 
    • 15 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Amanda Clarissa Frye 
Organizer
Augusta, GA
Juan Roane 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more