Want to join me in making a difference? I'm raising money to benefit Equal Justice Initiative, and any amount will help make an impact. And better yet, my friend will get Google to match every $ donated! Thanks in advance for your contribution to this cause that means so much to me!
What's Equal Justice Initiative (EJI)?
- Non-profit, private law practice and human rights org (based in Montgomery, Alabama) that has provided legal services to the poor, disenfranchised or those condemned to death row for over 30 years.
- Helped acquit, release and/or reduce sentences for over 140 people who were wrongfully convicted.
- Committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the U.S., challenging racial and economic injustice, and protecting the basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.
- Litigation and advocacy played part in U.S. Supreme Court banning mandatory life-imprisonment-without-parole sentences for children.
To learn more:
- Visit https://eji.org/
- Read 'Just Mercy' by Bryan Stevenson (civil rights attorney and founder of EJI)
- Watch 'Just Mercy' on Netflix/YouTube (it's free)
- Vivian Chiu
- David Nguyen