Joyce's Walk Again Fund

Dear Friends and Family

My mother, Joyce O’Garro, is a vibrant 83 yr. old who loves to write, plan and lead out in all types of programs. Over the last three months she has become bedridden with constant pain due to osteoarthritis and the deterioration of her right hip.  At this time she is being cared for in a nursing facility in Huntsville, Al. She is completely active mentally and spiritually, spending her days writing and witnessing to others. My sister and I would wholeheartedly like to see her free of pain and able to walk again.

We have presented her case to God in prayer, and consulted with several doctors. They have determined that in spite of her advanced years she is a candidate for hip replacement surgery. Medicare will cover about 80% of the cost for the actual surgery, but there will still be a need to cover the remaining 20%, in addition to the cost of aftercare as she recovers.

We are asking for your help to cover the expense for this much needed surgery and the associated care needed.  Any donation you can make will be greatly appreciated. We long to see Mom up and active and moving again under her own steam.

We will keep you updated on her progress. Thank you much for any help that you can give.

Sincerely,

Her Daughters
Pam and Yvette
  • Lizette Westney 
    • $50 (Offline)
    • 72 mos
  • Jean Bayard 
    • $10 (Offline)
    • 73 mos
  • Jesteen Bayard 
    • $10 (Offline)
    • 73 mos
  • Chrisleen Bayard 
    • $20 (Offline)
    • 73 mos
  • Bro. Baker 
    • $50 (Offline)
    • 73 mos
See all

Organizer

Yvette O'Garro 
Organizer
Waldorf, MD
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more