Josh’s continuing PTSD treatments

On September 30, 2022, Josh arrived on scene of a traffic accident of a little girl who had been ran over by a truck. With little life left in her, Josh and a New Baltimore police officer, in attempt to seek medical attention as soon as possible, rushed her to a hospital.

Merely lifeless, this little girl was held by Josh until they met the ambulance en route to the hospital. Josh's chief called Josh later that evening and left a voicemail stating that the girl was in critical but stable condition, and also in a medically-induced coma. The chief also stated that Josh 100% made the right decision in transporting the little girl.

In the days following this incident Josh learned that his department had opened an investigation on him for being outside of his jurisdiction and transporting the little girl. The investigation ensued for 82 days and on December 22nd Josh was issued a reprimand for both charges.

Unfortunately during this time Josh was beginning to suffer from the symptoms of PTSD caused by the incident. On March 2nd Josh contacted his sergeant prior to his shift and told him he needed help. He was crying and said that he was broken, that he wasn't eating or sleeping and that he couldn't find his way out of this dark pit. Josh had lost about 60 pounds and he had used almost all of his personal sick time at work, obvious signs that he was struggling with something. He told his sergeant that he had been up for days and had tried different substances to help him sleep, including melatonin, and THC gummies, but nothing was helping.

While learning that Josh had reached out for help. His father also reached out to ensure that the department was aware of the concerns since the event with the little girl. The chief mentioned to Josh's father, that he had noticed a difference in Josh, but was unable to put a finger on what it was. The original plan was to have Josh come to work the following day, where his coworker friends and the chief would talk with him and take him to a professional that same day. However, something or someone changed those plans prior to Josh coming in. Instead, Josh faced a drug test and was sent home with a fitness for duty appointment on Monday. Rather than continuing the mental health treatment that Josh asked for, the department neglected to continue communication with the doctor (that they had assigned him) and turned in the direction of termination of employment.

I have linked below the video of Josh's father and stepmother speaking at the board meeting to outline all details and events that took place up to Josh's termination.

Today I write this in an attempt to make the public aware, as well as bring the community together to help support him. He has ongoing PTSD treatments, a mortgage, and bills.

While we do not know where this will end up, we know that God is good. We have had many people reach out in support and disbelief of how this has turned out. We appreciate all the calls, emails, texts.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Link to the video details:

Donations (112)

See top
    • $25 
    • 3 mos
  • Brad Zerman
    • $200 
    • 3 mos
  • Fred Baker
    • $100 
    • 4 mos
  • Anonymous
    • $50 
    • 4 mos
  • Heather Pauli
    • $15 
    • 4 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Ashley Torrez
Lake Orion, MI
Joshua Baker

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.