Josh and Brittny were excited to recently announce that they will be expecting another beautiful child to their family, a baby girl by the name of Wrenleigh. The pregnancy had been relatively smooth for the most part until Brittny made their situation known by posting this on Facebook.
“Many of you were already aware that about 2.5 weeks ago we learned I have a chorio-amniotic separation. Baby Wrenleigh looked healthy and strong and there was nothing else wrong. We knew there was a good chance I could go into pre-term labor or go full term. We also knew we would need frequent ultrasounds to check baby's growth.
Well earlier this weekend my water broke, but it wasn't a complete break. We went to the hospital this morning when I realized something wasn't right (I didn't know my water had broken at this point). They confirmed that's what had happened and had me transferred to Fairfax due to the fact I'm only 25 weeks today. They can't be sure that this is related to the separation but they think it's a very good possibility.
The good news is baby's heartbeat is strong and she looks healthy. I'm not having contractions and there is still lots of fluid around baby. However, I will be on hospitalized bed rest for the remainder of this pregnancy. The goal is to get to 26 weeks right now and go from there. As many know, every day the baby can stay in is best.
Please be praying that I can stay out of labor for as long as possible and that we stay clear of infections, which can happen easily now with my water broken. We know that this is all part of God's plan and he holds Wrenleigh in the palm of His hand.”
It's been a serious whirlwind the past 24 hours. The good news is I was able to get both steroid injections for baby girl's lungs and a magnesium drip for her brain development right away. I still haven't show any signs of contractions and am not preeclamptic.
So I'm now out of Labor & Delivery and in High Risk Prenatal for *hopefully* the long haul. 40-50% of women go into labor within a week of their water being broken, however my chances are even less than that because I'm so early. As of right now they are more concerned with infection (in which case they deliver right away, no exceptions) and the amount of fluid around baby girl.
Wrenleigh is still looking strong, as she has all along, it's just the environment she's in (ME!) that's not cooperating!
Thank you everyone for your continued prayers and thoughts. Josh and I are so blessed to have so many great family, friends, and coworkers around to support us.
Brittny will now be on extended bedrest until it is time to deliver this beautiful bundle of joy. The money that is donated will go directly to the aid of the medical bills that will accumulate during the duration of Brittny’s stay in the hospital. As this season comes closer to a time of giving, bless this family as they are going through this time of uncertainty and struggle.
DonationsSee top donations
- Richard Sillery
- Chris Dirkes
- Rebecca Haller
- Cynthia Hemenway
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more