Many baby's born with Down syndrome have heart issues, but not like this. The typical heart path doesn't apply to us, so we will be traveling to Boston to have the rest of his surgeries. We have finally gotten our date, October 14th. We'll be traveling out the week prior to do some pre op testing and paperwork.
As hard as this is, we have decided to ask for help. I stopped working last month to care for both boys - it was a straight up disaster trying to do both. I wasn't meeting my old expectations, or my employers. It was totally and completely amicable, but we are in a tough spot with the loss of my income, Joey's medical bills and our upcoming trip.
We are also going to use the wishlist function. There are a few things we need for the hospital (or would like, GC to avoid carrying cash, etc) and we could use help with Samson, etc while we are gone.
(The $10,000,000,000,000.00 is for fun. Honestly, if we simply receive a $1 we will feel like this was the right thing to do)