The Carr Fire burned both places of residence for Joanie DuBois and "Cap" Byxbe. Their homes were near Redding, CA . As you can see from the picture, they lost everything. Joanie brought out only her violin and a bit of underwear; I guess they both grabbed toothbrushes.
The authorities evacuated them at 2:00 AM on Thursday and they had just a few minutes to get out.
Neither Joanie or Cap were injured and we are all so thankful. However the financial and emotional toll is another matter. Prayer and a bit of monetary help would be so very much appreciated. We plan for the monies to be used for living necessities such as shelter, food and clothing.
Joanie is staying with her son, Justin, and Cap is currently with his sister.
Thanks, Paula and Team
DonationsSee top donations
- Jason Gazeley
- Susan Case
- Greg Sanders
- Alaire Outlaw
- Pamela Teixeira
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more