Jeff's Fight AgainstCancer

Jeff Grimaldo is a dedicated husband, father, dancer, pilates instructer, and friend who was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. 

Lymphoma is a kind of blood cancer that results in the uncontrollable growth of white blood cells. Jeff's lymphoma is complicated by a severe infection embedded in his spinal cord.  He was admitted to the hospital on Monday, February 26th. He's having surgery today, February 28th, to relieve the pressure from his spinal cord. Hopefully, this will not only allow Jeff to walk again, but to dance again. 

In the past two weeks, his health has been rapidly declining. He's now bedridden, unable to walk, dance, or teach pilates, one of his passions. 

Because Jeff is unable to teach, he has absolutely no income and does not qualify for state disability. His wife, Anne, is taking on some of Jeff's clients to supplement her own income. Jeff's medical care is extremely expensive. His montly premiums are $594.56, and his copays only cover 80% meaning he is responsible for the other 20%. 

Many of you have graciously asked Anne and Jeff how you can help, when they themselves would never ask for it. I wanted to ask you to please help with his medical expenses as they are going to continue to add up. 

Jeff is amazing part of our lives, and he's always given more to us than we have given to him. We cannot take away his cancer or his pain, but we can help to relieve some of the financial burden as he is trying to fight this cancer. Any and all donations are going directly to Jeff's medical care. Even if you are unable to give at this time, please continue to send your love and thoughts to the Grimaldo family.

Donations

  • Anet Ris-Kelman 
    • $250 
    • 24 mos
  • Strawn Bovee 
    • $100 
    • 24 mos
  • Ian Cousineau 
    • $100 
    • 24 mos
  • Donna Sternberg 
    • $29 
    • 24 mos
  • sarah elgart 
    • $25 
    • 24 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Emily Shiever 
Organizer
Culver City, CA
Anne Grimaldo 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more