I am Julie Conrad, the grandmother of Jasmine Chacon – a native of Oxnard, CA and more recently a resident of St. Maarten – who has been unable to evacuate the island before the arrival of Hurricane Irma.
While she is physically sound, her home is uninhabitable and her business was destroyed by the storm.
(refuge at airport, destroyed)
As most of you know, Jasmine's very large (mui grande') family here in Ventura County all have businesses with skillsets in construction, transportation, and project management. And as we always do, we are coming together as a family and support group to establish this GoFundMe page to help provide the following:
1. PURCHASE and collection of Materials & Supplies that will be used for reconstruction of Jasmine's home and business.
2. TRANSPORTATION and deployment of all Material & Supplies under the supervision and responsibility of our Skilled Volunteers & Family Members to St. Maarten.
3. If funds exceed expectations, the scope of our collective efforts will be broadened to other islanders impacted by the storm. EXCESS GOODS & SERVICES will be distributed & directed to as many people in need, be they islanders or stranded visitors, as possible.
4. Because there are little to no resources available, particularly BANKING, COMMUNICATIONS & TRANSPORTATION, family members here in the States will manage the collection, disbursement and mobilization of funds and human capital using best business practices and transparent accounting to the full and complete benefit of Jasmine and her community.
As Hurricane Irma was approaching, Jasmine’s grave concerns in final conversations with her family - were focused on the safety of her fellow islanders.
Know that Jasmine's family greatly appreciates any and all contributions and sharing of this link, and we promise to keep you appraised of any and all developments through social media as information comes available.
Please feel free contact us with any questions and comments. And thank you all again for kind consideration and generosity.
The Chacon Family, Conrad Family &
- Jeremiah, Jessica, and Jeremiah Jr Bautista
- Eddie Vega
- Debbie Shouse
- Elaine Metson
- Linda Jones
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more