JandyStrong Chicago Half Marathon

Hello All!

We are officially kicking off preparation for the 3rd Annual JandyStrong Chicago Half Marathon Fundraiser!

For the third year in a row, Team JandyStrong plans to have a massive presence at the Chicago Half Marathon. Last year we had over 100 JandyStrong team members that contributed to the cause! With the help of over 50 runners, 20 volunteers, 8 corporate sponsors, and countless other supporters, we were able to raise more than $20,000 for Jake and his family, and $7,000 for the foundation Get Up Stand Up To Cure Paralysis (http://www.gusu2cure.org/ ) to help others in similar situations. We would love to keep this momentum going and continue building on the success that we’ve had the first 2 years.

This year the Chicago Half-Marathon will be on September 24, 2017, marking the 3 year anniversary since Jake's accident. For those of you who are new to the JandyStrong movement, we are doing this fundraiser to continue raising money and awareness for spinal cord injuries and to also support our good friend Jake Anderson, as he continues to embark on this long journey of extensive medical care and physical therapy. Some of Jake's goals for the upcoming year include graduating from UW-Madison, traveling to Budapest where he was planning on studying abroad in 2015, and improving his handcycling to eventually complete the race on his own!

If you are donating, running, volunteering, or cheering – everything helps! There will be many runners that are running the full half marathon, however, we also welcome members who are interested in running the associated 5K race. To register, please use the link below and also please register using this JandyStrong Team Code:

CT17GUSUCP

http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Jake's story or just want to learn more about Jake and his journey please visit the site below.

http://www.jandystrong.com/

The goal this year is $20,000. We’ve pulled this off before, so lets make it happen once again!  Here is a quick breakdown of where exactly the money is going.  25% of donations this year will go to Get Up Stand Up to Cure Paralysis (www.gusu2cure.org ) and Unite 2 Fight Paralysis (www.u2fp.com ) and is tax deductible. The other 75% is going to Jake’s medical needs trust for his personal support and is not tax deductible.

If you are aware of any sponsors that would be a good fit, please reach out directly to Jake at: [email redacted]

We thank all of you again for your continuous support and we hope to see you at the finish line on September 24th!

Thank you and much love.

P.S. If you still need inspiration, check out the videos below of Jake killing it on the hand cycles


https://youtu.be/n1Fkes-_pV0
https://youtu.be/mcfAg1HrO1U
https://youtu.be/37S5EQphsQ0

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Thomas Schelble 
    • $25 
    • 40 mos
  • Ken and Karen Richelsen 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Stewart Goldstein 
    • $250 
    • 41 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Alex Gunn 
Organizer
Chicago, IL
Jacob Anderson 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more