Jamón y Queso for a Cure

On June 7th my good friend, Matt Jackson, and I will be running the Cedar Ultra in support of the Terry Fox Foundation for cancer research. 

 

Recently Matt and I's lives have been affected by family and friend's cancer diagnosis, as unfortunately so many of our's have. Matt and I have a history of races/adventures together and we wanted to use this one to have a positive impact in the fight against cancer!

On June 7th we will be running for 24hrs in an attempt to push our own personal boundaries and see how many kilometers we can cover. We'll be taking donations as a one time flat donation, or you can choose to make a per KM donation to either of us, or our total KM's (ex. $0.25, $0.50, $1 per kilometer). If you're feeling generous I would put your donation on Matt, if you're more conservative with your $$ I would be a good choice :)

We'll find a way to allow for tracking on race day to send updates.

 

We chose the Terry Fox Foundation for two primary reasons:

1 - The foundation has an extremely high efficiency and accountability rating for similar cancer research charities. 84% of funds go directly to cancer support , while the remaining 16% will go to our post race beers (just kidding - it's for admin costs)

2 - Terry Fox was obviously a victim of cancer himself, but his personal Marathon on Hope is exemplary of the battle cancer victims fight ever single day. It may not be the struggle of physical miles but it is miles of emotional, mental, physical and financial pains that are fought through every single day. 

It's the type of strength we will no doubt draw on as we endure our race, and hope just maybe we can pay homage too by pushing our bodies to the limits.

Any donation is more than appreciated and we're very thankful to have an opportunity to give back, no matter how big or small that is.

 

If you would like to donate on a per KM basis, just do the minimum $5 donation and let us know, or just shoot Matt or I a message that you want to donate per KM, and once the race is complete you can donate!

Race Info - https://www.viendurance.net/cedar-ultra/

Terry Fox Foundation - https://www.terryfox.org/

  • Steve Butabi  
    • $50 
    • 29 mos
  • Nicole Warren 
    • $133 
    • 29 mos
  • Ric McGrath 
    • $100 
    • 29 mos
  • Kelsey Schreiner 
    • $30 
    • 29 mos
  • Patte Turner 
    • $50 
    • 29 mos
See all

Organizer

Curtis McGrath 
Organizer
Kelowna, BC
THE TERRY FOX FOUNDATION 
Registered nonprofit
Donations are typically tax deductible in Canada.
Learn more
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more