The home, which was fully engulfed in flames upon arrival, belonged to James "Jimmy" Light. Firefighters from multiple agencies battled the blaze for hours, but sadly little was left salvageable.
Jimmy began his career with the Stratmoor Hills Fire Department 34 years ago. He has proudly served as firefighter and remains loyal to this day as a volunteer emergency dispatcher for the department. Jimmy is always willing to lend a hand and help others. He is well-known in the community that he has dedicated his life to serving and protecting.
This account was created on behalf of the Stratmoor Hills Fire Department. ALL proceeds will go directly towards helping Jimmy recoup from the devastation this fire has created. He will need to start completely from scratch replacing clothing, belongings and securing new housing, in addition to the typical fire aftermath. While
there is a great deal that money simply cannot replace, our goal is to help lessen the financial burden for him as much as possible during this period.
Please help us get the word out. Your contributions are greatly appreciated, thank you!
DonationsSee top donations
- John Fink
- Heather Stinson
- Lenear McCree
- Dennis Wesselink
- Jamie Kazlauskas
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more