For a little over one year now, Jalen has grown his business from nothing to something . Jalen started his business to reach his goals of owning a house, saving for college, giving back to the community, and learning to live the life of a young entrepreneur. In the past year, Jalen was able to get his bakery insured, rent a commercial kitchen to deliver his baked goods nationwide, and provide seasonal training and jobs to others. Jalen has also had the opportunity to speak to students all over the world to encourage them to follow their dreams, work hard to achieve success and to help their communities. All of these things have helped Jalen move closer to his bigger dreams.
Now, he’s ready to take his business to the next level. To grow his business, and the work he does philanthropically, Jalen is now raising money for:
- A coat giveaway for 200 kids
(A donation of just $30, will ensure that one child receives a coat and backpack this year.)
Any donation over the amount requested will go towards:
- 60 qt Hobart
- Marketing materials
- Supplies to run a pop up shop
- Money to support his desire to giving back to the community in many ways
Jalen is on the move again, looking to go even further this year to help more children! This is one of the most important parts of what Jalen’s Bakery does. The donations raised will help support Jalen’s upcoming coat, socks, and backpack giveaway for kids who need these things (Jalen wants to reach his goal of giving away 200 coats this year, and will partner with a local organization that will be giving toys to kids, as well as at homeless shelters)..
Here are some of the ways Jalen gave back to his community in the last year:
- Jalen partnered with a local restaurant owner to give cookies to the homeless. Here’s a clip: https://quik.gopro.com/v/JxrqaNYaPc/
- He offered baking classes for free to families that couldn’t afford $15 donation for supplies: https://quik.gopro.com/v/pI9qSU7eDT/
- Here’s last winter when Jalen gave away 100 coats, 100 pair of socks, hot cocoa, and rice Krispy treats: https://youtu.be/7PLpANrccbU
- Jalen wants to help other kids start businesses as well. So, he did a visionboard class with a few of his friends. He would love to expand his desire to help other kids learn about business and all it takes to be an entrepreneur.
- Jalen is also a co-host of a kids’ book club est in 2014- he would like to see the book club grow to help promote literacy in high poverty elementary schools.
Ultimately, your donation will help Jalen reach his goals, to both support his entrepreneurial self, and help others. Jalen’s Bakery is a special place, and Jalen knows that he has so much work he can do for the community. Thank you and as we continue to strive to assist Jalen in his philanthropic endeavors we ask for your continued thoughts and support.
(Proudly apart of GoFundMe Kid Heroes, please click here to see other campaigns by: KidHeroes )
DonationsSee top donations
- Patty Johnson
- Joyce Joyner
- Rich Hansen
- Tabita Licon
- Peter Wilkiewicz
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more