† Help Out Jake And His Family †

This all happened Saturday (9/26/15). Jake was at work and was feeling dizzy and delerious and his co worker claimed he was pale as a ghost.  His co worker told him to go home and get some rest or go to urgent care and that she will cover him and inform him of anything happens. He stopped at the gas station to get something to drink and he started feeling more faint and sick to his stomach. He threw up on the side of the building after getting his drinks inside. After he drove himself home and laid in his bed thinking he had the flu so his natural instinct was to sleep it off and it would clear up over time. He slept all through out Sunday until his girlfriend came home with the kids from her aunts over the weekend. She woke him up because he was sleeping late Sunday afternoon and was concerned due to unanswered calls. Jake was very out of it and told her he was very sick and he is sleeping it off. He then threw up in his pants on the side of the bed. Chelsea (Jakes girlfriend) gave him a pan to throw up in just in case he didn't make it to the bathroom. He continued his sleep until Monday 8 a.m. and woke up to find he urinated himself and his bladder felt very full. Jake tried to get up and go to the bathroom but he realised that his legs didn't have any response at all. Everything felt weighted down and he couldn't lift a muscle in his legs. Jake crawled and dragged himself to the bathroom to try and urinate and lifted himself onto the toilet and he couldn't empty his bladder or bowels. He crawled off the toilet and dragged himself into bed and Chelsea heard the thumping around from upstairs. She went and checked on him and he told her to call the ambulance and that he is paralyzed. They rushed him to Wyandotte hospital where they treated him and ruled out a stroke then transferred him to Henry Ford main for further treatment. At Henry ford they did two spinal taps, 2 MRI's, flu swabs and all sorts of blood tests. At first they thought it was 2 strains of the flu without knowing why he was paralyzed but those tests were false positives. The symptoms that he was having are Guillain-Barré Syndrome from what the doctors thought. After MRI was done They found spinal lesions so What they thought after  first is that his immune system is attacking his own body and has an infection. They started a treatment called plasma paresis Wednesday to clean the blood of infection. In 5 days he went from be paralized from waist down to chest down. We still didn't  have an exact diagnoses and stayed in ICU.

Some tests came back and doctors seen that he had antibodies for Lymes disease. They took more blood over time and they could not find the antibodies for Lymes anymore. Doctors are thinking during the plasma paresis treatment that the lymes antibodies were filtered out and the damage was done which caused spinal lesions, hence why he is not getting signals to his legs or core abdomen. Due to the spinal lesions and finding the possible diagnosis they are calling it transverse myelitis derived from Lymes disease. He now has a Mid line port in his arm to feed him antibiotics till November just to kill the Lymes that may be lurking in his blood so this doesn't possibly reoccur.
He is now a Detroit RIM DMC rehabilitation facility doing therapy and is working extra hard to get his feeling back and to walk again. There is no exact guarantee that he will walk again but he has his young age on his side and there could be a possibility after his extensive therapy that he could walk out of there with a walker or a cane. Only time and Jakes body will tell what happens. Transverse myelitis is a mystery in most cases and effects everyone differently in healing aspect and possible complications after rehabilitation.
Right now Jakes physical therapistd are teaching him how to be wheel chair accessible and learn a new life style to live in case he doesn't walk again. Jake is catching on very quick With therapy and is working very hard everyday. He impresses his therapists and everyone thinks he is a joy and loves his aspiration to work hard and be positive and hopeful.

Jake is just 23 years old and is a loving father of his 2 kids Breylen and Blake.
The main reason why we are doing this go fund me is because he is the work body of the house and Chelsea is a full time mommy at home giving extra care for their youngest Blake who was diagnosed with a terrible genetic mutation called Cystic Fibrosis 3 week's after birth. They have to give extra care to him cleaning out the mucus from his lungs and giving him all the treatments he needs to live a longer, happier, problem free life.

Without Jake working and recovering in therapy his girlfriend and children may lose their place they call home. Every dollar helps. Please spread the word and prayers to get Jake better so he can go home to his family.

All donations will be used for medical bill and to make sure his bills and family are taken care of.

Organizer and beneficiary

Jake Mcqueary
Southgate, MI
jake McQueary

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.