Jake and Meg Fire Fund

My nephew Jake Peters and his partner Meg Gonzales in Oceanside, CA had a devastating fire in their condo caused by a short in a fuse box. The fire started in the kitchen and spread, destroying everything and killing their two cats. Their dog is currently in the Vet’s getting treatment for smoke inhalation. Jake and Meg were not at home, they are safe, but everything they own is gone. Furniture, appliances, household goods, photos, musical instruments, clothes-all their possession-gone. Both are hard working, graduate studies students. Jake has worked for the international org HANDS in Nepal, taking trips to Nepal to help victims of the earthquake there and has worked to raise money to build schools in some of the poorest areas of the Himalayas. Now it is time to help him and Meg. Please give what you can as we work together to get this compassionate couple back on their feet. The funds will help them set up housekeeping in a new place, replace their clothes and other damaged personal goods, and pay the veternarian bills. 
Thank you and Namaste for your help!
  • Heidi Spencer 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 46 mos
  • Maile Chaffin 
    • $100 
    • 46 mos
  • Nancy Hill Cunha 
    • $100 
    • 46 mos
  • patty monahan 
    • $150 
    • 47 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Jan Sprague 
Organizer
Santa Margarita, CA
Jake Peters 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more