Hello! My name is Jackie and I am a 35 year old Filipinx Trans Woman living and working in the Bay Area. I am starting this GoFundMe to seek financial support for the partial cost of Facial Feminization Surgery and the extensive recovery to follow.
What is Facial Feminization Surgery?
Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) is a set of reconstructive gender affirming surgical procedures that involve modifications to the craniofacial skeleton and soft tissues of the face and neck. These surgeries may bring facial features closer in line with a person’s gender identity, typically moving towards a more “feminine” facial structure.
What Procedures Will You Be Receiving?
• Forehead contouring (Frontal Cranioplasty)
• Orbital Contouring
• Brow lift
• Hairline advancement
• Upper lip lift/augmentation
• Jaw/chin contouring
• Tracheal shave (Chondrolaryngoplasty)
Why Are You Getting FFS?
Gender Dysphoria is something I can remember suffering from since I was a child. After nearly 3 decades, I am finally taking the steps necessary to remedy that. I have identified under the trans umbrella for several years but have recently started my medical transition in the last year. In 2020, I started Hormone Replacement Therapy, Laser Hair Removal, and Speech Therapy. Unfortunately, none of these things can change the masculine structure of my face. The next big step in my transition is FFS.
Transitioning literally saved my life, and if you know me, you have seen how much happier I am now to be living my truth and feeling comfortable in my own body. This procedure will further allow me to feel more aligned in my body, but also make me feel safer in society and rid me of daily anxiety and paranoia.
How Will The Funds Be Used?
• Kaiser Deductible - I am very lucky that Kaiser covers most of the cost of FFS, but I will need to meet my deductible. ($3,700)
• Things not covered - Kaiser will only cover a percentage of my procedure. The rest is out of pocket. (est. $2,000)
• Lost Wages - I am self employed with no PTO. I will be losing a month of income. To cover living expenses in the Bay Area including rent, utilities, truck payment, insurance, bills, etc. (est. $2,500)
• Lodging During Recovery - A hotel/airbnb near the hospital for the first week in case there are any complications. Also, cannot stay at home as I have a loft bed and cannot go up and down the ladder for several weeks. (est. $1,300)
• Caretaker & Travel - Flying my bestie down from Seattle to help wipe my butt. (est. $500)
• Dog Sitter - My dog Uggz will require a sitter for at least 2 weeks. (est. $1,000)
• Gender Euphoria - (Priceless)
Kaiser has fast tracked me on my surgery date, which I am very thankful for as a 35 year old. I am scheduled for September 8th, but I can expect a long road to recovery lasting several months. I appreciate you reading this far and a donation of any amount would mean the world to me. Thank you for your time and support.
*If you would like to donate to Jackie directly and avoid GoFundMe fees, you can venmo her @Jack-Olson-3