We opened in August 2008, are in our eighth year, and Ann has not ever taken a wage for her time staffing at Gallery La Crosse. And, she has actually rolled most of the proceeds from her own sales back into the Gallery La Crosse project to keep it going. This project is her long-time dream, which she followed after suffering a heart attack due to a congenital heart defect which cannot be repaired. She and her husband, Dan, have also covered a great many Gallery expenses from their household income as a Nurse (now only able to work on-call) and a truck driver.
At this point (February 2016), we are struggling to survive, and due to several recent health problems and medical bills, Dan & Ann are not able come up with money to supplement the Gallery. We are hoping that, out of the billions of people in the world, some will be willing and able to help to sustain the Mission of Gallery La Crosse.
One of our goals in this appeal for help, is to obtain the funds needed to convert Gallery La Crosse to officially being a Non-Profit entity, as for almost eight years we have essentially been a Non-Profit. That status would allow us to apply for Grants and to partner with our local schools to provide Internships for students in Arts and Business. The process is complex and expensive, and will require help from an Attorney to complete.
You could visit our Facebook Page "Gallery La Crosse" &/or our website www.gallerylacrosse.com for more information about us and our Mission. Our Mission Statement also follows, below.
Thank you ! We are extremely thankful for every Donation, no matter how small. When many come together with small things, great and wonderful things are achieved. Every penny we raise will be put to sustaining the Mission of Gallery La Crosse.
~ * ~ Mission Statement for Gallery La Crosse ~ * ~
Combining Six Key Elements into One Entity:
1. Promote connections between Local Residents and Local Artists & Crafters, in a unique family-friendly retail setting.
2. Provide multiple Promotional and Marketing tools
which our Exhibitors may freely utilize to enhance their
own sales; in Gallery La Crosse, via various off-premises venues, and on-line.
3. Provide cooperative, autonomous, and affordable
Retail sales and Exhibit Spaces for Local Artists & Crafters.
4. Present for the Local Community a variety of fun and affordable Arts & Crafts classes, taught by our Exhibitors.
5. Promote networking opportunities for our Exhibitors through a combination of Public Receptions and invitational gatherings.
6. Give back to the Local Community through; Benefit shows, Sharing our space for various Community groups' meetings, and enthusiastic Participation in community events.
- William Copsey
- Aimee Siegler
- Jessica Skemp
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more