Bev's medical fund

This fund is being set up to help pay for Bev's medical cost not covered by her insurance as well as other bills that are adding up due to her being out of work. In June 2014 Bev went to the emergency room because she was having awful ear/ jaw pain that was also causing her to loose her hearing in her left ear due to what she thought was a horrible ear infection. After the doc ruled out an ear infection a Ct scan was ordered. The CT came back showing a tumor on her brain stem so she was immediately sent for an MRI.... The MRI came back showing two tumors, one on the brain stem, the other in her left frontal lobe. Bev was diagnosed with two Benign meningeomas, a very rare occurrence . She was scheduled for the first surgery to remove the golf ball sized tumor off of her brain stem the next week.... Bev did amazing through the first surgery!!! But unfortunately the doctor was only able to remove 80% of the tumor so she was going to need radiation in January to shrink the remaining 20%. After the first surgery Bev was left completely deaf in her left ear and with a left sided facial deficit... Because Bev did so well through the first surgery her doctor decided to have the second craniotomy to remove the frontal tumor the following week.. Again Bev did remarkable. After two brain surgery a 14 days of being in the hospital Bev was able to go home . In September she was able to return to work and was feeling great.. But by the end of !November she started feeling like her health was declining again.. She was experiencing ear pain, dizziness, headaches, and sometimes difficulty swallowing. So another MRI was done which came back showing that the tumor on her brain stem had grown back to its original size. Her doctor felt she needed to have it removed right away and decided to send her to another specialist in Seattle to have the surgery done. On December 17 Bev had her third craniotomy. After the surgery we were told the tumor on her brainstem had not grown back, the tumor they removed was actually a third tumor known as an Acoustic neuroma. And unfortanly he was unable to remove the entire tumor without causing damage due to the brain swelling that was occurring during the surgery. Bev will be going back in January to have her fourth surgery to hopefully remove the rest of the acoustic neuroma.
We are asking for everyone to please help by donating to the Beverly medical fund to help ease the financial burden this is causing Bev. The last thing she should be worried about is her financial situation, she needs to focus on her healing. Every donation helps big or small. Thank you in advance for your help and please say a prayer.

Donations

  • Kelsi Blankenbaker 
    • $25 
    • 63 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 63 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 64 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 64 mos
  • Bill & Stacie Sulfridge 
    • $30 
    • 65 mos
See all

Organizer

Amanda Kennard 
Organizer
Yakima, WA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more