My name is Ismoil Boboev, currently an exchange student in Columbus Indiana. I'm representing my country and culture from a city in the southern part of Tajikistan called Kulob . Raised in a very understanble and Muslim community with lot of knowledge of Islam and religion. I'm residing with a very supportive host family attending Columbus East High School as a Senior.
Currently my awesome host Mom and Sister!!
In my country its a privilige to be able to travel to America and learn the ways of American society. I've previously graduated high school back in Tajikistan last year, 2017, and was given this opportunity of a life time. I was one of 5,000 students who applied for this scholarship and only 36 students were chosen. I knew one of the other students chosen she was a close colleague of mine. I met her as an Education Advisor for the US Embassy Corner Kulob. Which means I helped Tajiki high school students figure out which classes they needed to sign up for and attend. These classes provided education about American language, culture, society and further education. This is why we were accepted for this program, it will allow us to bring back our knowledge of American Culture to help our communities develop, grow and thrive.
My future university - with your help!
Tajiki Achievements & Accolades that helped me reach my most important goal of coming to America! Starting from my earliest years up until last year.
- Reigned President of my class from fourth grade until graduation. This ability to lead has become a skillset that has undeniable made me much stronger, smarter and taken me to the highest heights.
- Placed Second in a Regional art competition in fifth grade. Art has always interested and intrigued me. I enjoy creating and using my imagination since I was a child.
- As a freshman I competed, along with 53 different high schools in Technology & Innovation placing third; each high school was able to send 2-3 students to represent them in this competition.
- My sophmore year I placed third in a regional English Language competition out of 200 students.
- Biogenetics & Evolution was my strong suit my junior year I placed first in the regional competition. Contending with over 300 high schools, I was first! Yay! I was awarded a $4,000 scholarship and accepted into Oxford's Biogenetic Short Program, unfortunately my family could not afford the amount it took to pay for the entirety of the program. I sadly had to decline this amazing opportunity as well as another opportunity to attend a summer program in Japan associated with Gakko, due to finances. Again, why I need your help!
The question is, what am I going to do with this money!! I am going to put every penny towards furthering my education here in America at IUPUC. My host family is extending the favor or residency for this four year period of time, we just need your help to fund the cost of college and all other expenses associated with this part of my lifes journey. Including, but not limited to, my visa, insurance, books and tuition.