INTACT: MEN AS THEY WERE BORN TO BE
The male foreskin is an absolutely normal part of the male body, which is why boys are born with it. Providing 16 functions for health and sexual pleasure, men need their foreskin. So why is male foreskin still so reviled and misunderstood in the United States?
And why are we still circumcising babies who cannot consent?
Ignorance, lies, and money.WHO
I'm Trish Causey, a writer, creator, and ArtistActivist.WHAT
I am raising money to publish my book INTACT: MEN AS THEY WERE BORN TO BE. The $9,295.00 budget covers:
* the cost of layout and publishing via BookBaby,
* copyediting services,
* photography and graphic design work for the book,
* 3 months of press rep/marketing fees.WHENINTACT: MEN AS THEY WERE BORN TO BE will be published by August 2018
– if the funding goal is reached in time.WHEREThe book will be manufactured through BookBaby and released as both a hardbound, full-color book
with dust jacket and as an eBook. Both will be available via all major stores and platforms.WHYThis book explains the importance of male foreskin: the role foreskin plays in a man's overall health
and how foreskin aids a man's sexual function. The information presented in the book is comprised of survey responses from men who were not circumcised as babies and from professionals in a variety of fields who advocate for boys keeping their natural anatomy -- and autonomy -- INTACT.THE SURVEY
In 2017, I posted a 29-question survey for adult intact men to tell their stories about what it's like to still have their foreskin. For 15 months, I conducted in-depth conversations with these 159 respondents, who live in 28 countries, scattered all over the world. Those insights on male foreskin are the foundation of my book INTACT: MEN AS THEY WERE BORN TO BE.This book presents the personal anecdotes
– some hilariously funny and some heartachingly sad – of men whose survey responses help demystify the male foreskin that still shocks and befuddles so many Americans.THE BOOKThe book will be a 10” x 10” hardbound book with dust jacket and full-color pages
, displaying the survey responses, anatomical diagrams, and medical facts – all juxtaposed by the gorgeous, artistic display of men's normal anatomy.INTACT is a full-color activist/art-project that bluntly delves into male anatomy
, explains how intact sex is different, and puts the “fun” in the “function” of men's foreskin.I balance the needed scientific and medical information with a light-hearted, artsy approach
to illuminate the reader on the basics of penile anatomy and the sexual benefits of male foreskin. (And the human rights of body autonomy -- and children's rights to bodily integrity -- and the medical ethics that are violated by non-consensual circumcision -- the inherent sexism of male circumcision being legal while female circumcision is illegal.)
Some of the topics covered include the following:
* the natural penile anatomy
– it's NOT just a flap of skin,
* why boys and men need their foreskin for basic health
* daily hygiene (it's not that difficult!),
* why they sometimes pretend to be circumcised to avoid ridicule
* how sex with intact men
* how women benefit
from their male lovers having their foreskin,
issues of being intact in a cut culture,
* how Male Genital Mutilation (MGM) being legal is sexist
when Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is illegal,
* the intersectionality of Feminism
* the erectile dysfunction
drug companies and sex toy industries that profit indirectly from the United States' circumcision practices,
* the hospitals, cosmetic companies, and biotech industries that directly profit
from selling and re-selling of baby boys' foreskin,
* and more....
I also interviewed a number of well-known intactivists on a variety of topics. Some of whom include the following:
* Ronald Goldman, PhD.
– author and psychologist on the psychological effects of circumcision, both immediate and long-term,
* Robert Van Howe, M.D.
– noted academic and pediatrician on the bogus HIV studies in the Africa,
* Ryan McAllister, PhD.
– creator of The Elephant in the Hospital,
* Leah Torres, M.D.
– an OBGYN and feminist who refuses to circumcise baby boys,
* David Llewellyn, J.D.
– a lawyer who specializes in children's rights and cases dealing with circumcision,
* Lisa Braver Moss
– creator of the Brit Shalom on why intactivism is not anti-Semitic,
* Brendon Marotta, B.F.A.
– award-winning documentary filmmaker on the cult of American Circumcision,
* Marilyn Milos, R.N.
– a long-time intactivist who advocates for the genital autonomy of children,
* John Geisheker, J.D.
– director of Doctors Opposing Circumcision on the medical ethics of unnecessary surgery on patients who cannot legally consent
* and more to be announced.....80% OF MEN IN THE WORLD ARE INTACT.
So foreskin can't really be all that bad. Unless you live in America....
People outside the United States are shocked by the U.S.' practice of circumcising baby boys who cannot consent to the unnecessary procedure. The human rights and medical ethics' aspects of non-consensual circumcision can no longer be ignored.INTACT: MEN AS THEY WERE BORN TO BE will be a collector's edition-worthy activist/art-book
that is bound to be a conversation starter at your next house party. No one has done anything like this before.To get INTACT into print (and eBook), please pledge your donation to support this unique publishing project.
Sure, you're supporting a beautiful book that is 15+ months and a LOT of work in the making, but more importantly, you are showing your support for human rights and the genital autonomy of all people. You'll sleep better at night. I promise.