Click To View Black Stock Footage Website:
Introduce Yourself And Explain Why You’re Fundraising For Black Stock Footage
Hi! I’m Imani Lee, Founder of Black Stock Footage, and we are raising funds to launch a stock footage platform 100% focused on making Black representation easier to include in your video projects. I’m a professional videographer, photographer, and entrepreneur. I clearly see an extreme lack of stock footage representing Black people, cultures, and activities. I see a huge opportunity to create a new stock footage company with a laser-focused social impact that would accomplish two main goals:
Significantly increase accessibility and visibility of Black representation in the stock footage and media industry by using our stock footage platform as a collective library of downloadable video clips
Educate people about the hues, cultures, activities, and phenotypes of the many Black communities, while empowering people with a deeper awareness and recognition of the individual, societal, and global influence of Black cultures around the world.
Now I’m embarking on a mission to bring this company to life with the help of Co-Founder Zebrina Edgerton-Maloy, a communications specialist and former multimedia journalist. Zebrina joined Black Stock Footage to help further drive innovation through creative and impactful storytelling. Zebrina wants to use the Black Stock Footage platform to help collect and share the stories, talents, and everyday activities within different Black communities across the world.
Who Can Use Our Stock Footage Platform?
Our stock footage platform can be used by anyone who creates video content and wants to include Black representation in their video projects:
Individual Content Creators, Digital Creators, Influencers, Creative Agencies, Video Production Agencies, Marketing Companies, Advertising Companies, Videographers, Media and News Outlets, Governments, Communications Departments, Colleges & Universities, Businesses, Startups, and More
Who Will Benefit From Black Stock Footage?
We are aiming to be the #1 stock footage platform focused on Black people, cultures, and activities. We are empowering the current and next generation of video creators with access to stock footage that amplifies Black representation. Black Stock Footage is offering a user-friendly content creation tool that delivers high-quality content featuring the everyday Black experience. Our two-sided marketplace platform is a creative solution for both videographers to upload high quality footage and content creators to download this footage for their creative video projects. We are creating a stronger supply of melanin-focused footage to meet the even greater demand for content that elevates Black people, voices, and stories.
- Better Visibility & Representation: We will use our stock footage platform to demystify what it visually means to be Black. We will prioritize curating and creating video content that features people across the world who identify with the African diaspora.
- Full Access: With your support, our goal will be to create a robust, user-friendly, and fully functional platform that gives content creators access to melanin-focused stock footage. Our platform also offers professional videographers access to a new stream of income with a simple straightforward compensation plan.
- High-Quality Footage: We will offer production-ready, engaging, and story-driven stock footage that highlights stories of Black people. Downloadable graded footage is available in both HD and 4K formats to ensure that content is up-to-date with industry standards for content creators.
- Affordable Solution: With affordable monthly and yearly subscription packages, content creators will have unlimited access to royalty-free footage and universal Black Stock Footage licensing for personal or commercial use. Instead of purchasing multiple clips individually, content creators will have full access to Black Stock Footage's growing library of content that highlights Black people and a variety of their experiences.
How Will Black Stock Footage Responsibly Use The Funds Raised?
With the help of the community, we are officially launching the first Black Stock Footage fundraising campaign to raise $75,000 to:
- 50% of funds will be used towards funding and growing our first beta-stage stock footage website platform with our web developers
- 40% of funds will be used towards launching our marketing campaigns to raise company awareness, brand recognition, and publicity about our initiatives to increase Black representation in digital media
- 10% of funds will be used towards administrative, accounting, and legal costs to start enrolling videographer contributors, opening our platform to content creator subscribers, and expanding the Black Stock Footage strategic partnerships
Our campaign advisors, accounting, and legal team will help ensure that the funds are being allocated toward the strategic growth of Black Stock Footage.
How Soon Do We Need The Funds?
We are aiming to raise funds in the next 60-90 days! We already have our web application partners who are eager to start bringing this platform to life. Once we receive the funds, our web development team will build the beta platform over a three-month period. The faster we complete this crowdfunding campaign, the sooner video creators, advertising agencies, and marketing companies can benefit from the Black Stock Footage platform.
What Does Your Support Mean To Us?
Your support will help us create a viable solution to increase Black representation in digital media. You are helping us create a lasting positive change in the Black community that can inspire millions. Join us and help us change the world of stock footage to enhance Black representation for the current and next generation of content creators.
- Opportunity to support an innovative and fresh tech platform that continuously values the visibility of Black people
- Get an insider's look into what it takes for the Black Stock Footage team to manifest this vision into a reality
- Be involved in building a social impact business with a mission to highlight Black people across the world
Why Will We Be Thankful For Your Help?
We will be forever grateful and appreciative of your support for making this vision become a reality not only for our company, but for the entire Black community. We are seeking help from any individual, company, or organization who wants to use the power of video to help uplift the Black community. This is a win-win for us all!
What Are Some Risks and Challenges?
- Competing with existing competitors for market space in the segment of Black Representation
- Obtaining enough video contributors to continuously supply the growing demand stock footage focused on Black people and cultures
- Obtaining enough customer subscribers to create a sustainable revenue model
- Obtaining adequate seed funding to launch and grow our stock footage platform
What Is The Opportunity?
- We have the opportunity to be the first major player in the stock footage industry solely focused on Black Representation
- Demand for Black Representation in digital media is the highest it's ever been giving our niche product offering a huge competitive advantage compared to existing stock footage companies
- We have the opportunity to use our platform as a way to educate and empower our customers through our social impact initiatives.
- We have the opportunity to give Black Representation a digital voice in a way that’s never been done before
- We have the opportunity to expand our stock footage library to showcase Black people, culture and community from all over the word including Europe, Africa, South America, and Asia
Thank you so much for your support and enthusiasm with helping us to bring Black Stock Footage to life. We are thrilled, excited, and passionate about doing something for the Black community that will leave a lasting legacy. We are honored and committed to growing Black Stock Footage into a reputable, impactful business with a large-scale social impact. Thank you so much for your support and please share with your friends, families, and co-workers. Every bit of support makes a difference!