In memory of Charles Head

Charles Head was the sole provider for him and his wife Bernadette, who is still living. This tragedy came to us abruptly and as many we were not prepared for his passing. 

In November 2020, Chuck (as many called him), had been admitted to St.Elizabeth for having a fainting spell that was led to a diagnosis as a stroke. Given he has been dealing with A-FIB for years, his age, it was not seen as a huge alarm as to what would be coming next. After getting his vitals, ensuring no clotting of the main artery, he was released to go home. We were grateful that he had only lost some mobility in his hand that therapy could resolve. He stayed consistently tired after being released, which was considered "normal" due to the stroke. 

After roughly a month of being home, he began struggling with breathing just to walk from the kitchen to the living room. His tiredness increased leading him to take another trip to the hospital. After being admitted again, he was placed on 2 liters of oxygen to assist with his breathing. This time they found more wrong than we could have anticipated. He had swollen lymph nodes, traces of something outside his lungs, and what they thought was pneumonia. Labs and scans then led to finding masses under both his arms that the biopsy classified as cancer. Our worst fears had become our reality. What kind of cancer? What stage of cancer? Will there be radiation, chemo, or what other vigorous treatment will he have to go through? After the biopsy, the hospital released him to go home with oxygen to help him breathe. 

At home, within a week, his breathing became significantly more difficult. That kitchen to living room became impossible that led to him returning to the hospital. His 2 liters became 4,6,10, and then 12 within a matter of days. His cancer was untreatable given he was not able to breathe on his own. Cancer could not be properly treated without knowing its origin that the doctors could not determine. With CoVid, the hospital declined to let any visitor come. He was transferred to ICU, oxygen itself was not enough. He now had to have a bypass forcing oxygen in. On December 21, 2020, a facetime call was completed given his days were dwindling. Imagine, no physical touch, no hug, the vision of your loved one out of reach from helping them. However, God has a plan and we prayed for his mercy. December 22, 2020 Pallet of Care told us it is time to get there, his kidneys and liver were failing, at any time could be his last breath. Thankfully, his three children, granddaughter, and wife were able to visit in ICU. The preparations were started to get him home, let him live his final moments where he enjoyed being. He passed at 8:56 p.m December 22, 2020, with his wife, two daughters, son, son-in-law, grandchild, and great-grandchildren present. He smiled, took two breathes, and was called home by God.     

Charles has a strong faith in God and was a member of the Harvest Chapel Church in Williamsport. He enjoyed raising a vegetable garden, canning, and cooking. His real joy in life was the time he spent with his family. Chuck worked for the railroad, loved HVAC, and to help anyone. 

We ask if you can help by donating, prayers, or even sharing to help us pay for his burial.


 See top
  • Tracey Dixon 
    • $25 
    • 17 d
  • Heather Bubala 
    • $20 
    • 21 d
  • Tracey Dixon 
    • $25 
    • 22 d
  • William Younder 
    • $100 
    • 22 d
  • Sheryl M Cohen 
    • $50 
    • 23 d
See all

Fundraising team (3)

Stella Morland 
Raised $50 from 1 donation
Attica, IN
Bernadette Head 
Stella Morland 
Team member
Raised $20 from 1 donation
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more