Our two main goals for the museum have always been to provide an educational indoor play space for young children and their parents to enjoy together, and to provide outreach events and programming to underserved and/or at-risk children in the CSRA. Here are just a few of the accomplishments met in the last three years, by the numbers:
· 4,000+: the number of visits made to the museum by children coming to learn and play with their parents and guardians
· 800+: number of people who have enjoyed one of our free annual Family Fun Day events
· 52: number of CSRA families that currently hold annual memberships and volunteer to staff the musem
· 100+: number of special programs that have been offered by the museum, including regular story times, Baby Bunch, music time, parent-child yoga, baby sign language, and more!
· 118: number of Valentines that children created and delivered to local veterans as part of our 2017 initiative to provide school-age children with community service opportunities
Of course, there are many other things happening at Imagination Station that cannot be measured in numbers alone.
Our relationship with Hope House in Augusta is now in its third year. In addition to the mothers bringing their children for free visits to our museum, we also held a successful coat drive for these families in winter 2016. And this past year, we initiated a relationship with a preschool class of 18 children at the Floyd Head Start in downtown Augusta.
Three years ago, a group of parents looked at an empty community building in the middle of a city park and saw something more. We could have never imagined then what those next three years would bring… and none of it would be possible without the incredible support and generosity we have received from Day 1. To this day, we are still 100% volunteer-run. Families join our museum and give of their time in staffing and participating on the board committees because they believe in our mission: to provide low-cost, high-impact educational play and programming for families with children ages 0 to 6 and to their parents.
Looking to the future, we are excited about continuing to provide this much-needed resource to young families in the CSRA. After three years and thousands of visitors, we are ready to replace some of our learning materials, bring in commercial-grade furniture, and increase our special programming. To that end, we have set a fundraising goal of $8,000 for 2017.
We hope that you will be able to help us reach our goal! Every donation, no matter what size, is greatly appreciated and will be put to excellent use! Thank you in advance for your willingness to support the efforts of Imagination Station and make a difference to countless families in our community.
For a closer look at Imagination Station, visit imagineaugusta.org.
Interested in becoming a "special" donor? Become a Friend of the museum for $250, a Patron for $500, or a Benefactor for $1,000!
- Joseph and Carrie Mirshak
- Lyn Bonner
- Michelle Ellisor
- Victor Valentine
- Timothy and Agnes Mirshak
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more