Firefighters battled the blaze of the rural Starke County home and were able to get everyone out of the house, which was fully engulfed in flames. But the day began and ended in tragedy. Young Lucas was pronounced dead at the scene from smoke inhalation. Carl and Linda were transported to a hospital in Fort Wayne due to the extent of their injuries.
With the family already shattered by the loss of Lucas, fate dealt them another cruel blow: Linda passed away on Saturday.
In the midst of trying to grieve and just survive the loss of her mother and nephew, Linda's daughter Savannah has been trying to raise funds for clothes for her father and her sister who lost all they had in the fire and raise funds for her mother's funeral.
Lucas's funeral expenses will be covered by his father's family. But Linda did not have life insurance, or like so many of us, no substantial savings.
It is beyond heartbreaking the loss this family has suffered. And I decided that setting up an online fundraiser might help take a little bit of stress off of a family whose hearts and lives have been shattered.
I know times are hard and that it's also the holidays. So for those who are unable to give, if you could share this with everyone you know, Savannah and her family would be greatly appreciative. This fundraiser is making it possible for this family to lay their loved ones to rest without the added stress of trying to raise money to make funeral payments.
Also, as you go about your day, please say a prayer for this family who has suffered the most unimaginable heartbreaking loss. God bless you all. Hug your babies tight and thank God for your blessings. Life is so uncertain for all of us.
DonationsSee top donations
- Samantha Burger
- Trudy Lietzan
- Marty Masters
- Deborah Denno
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more