I.C. Military/1st Responder Window Fund

Honor Our Military, Police, Fire, EMS and Corrections Personnel.

“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Police, fire, EMS, corrections and military personnel are who we call upon when bad things happen. And just like Christ, they can be a light in our time of darkness coming to our aid. They are the ultimate exemplification of Christ’s commandment to us all that we love one another, as he has loved us, because there is no greater love than a man who will lay down his life for his friends. This is exactly what they do every day and we’d like to honor them for their efforts and we have found a unique way to do just that.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church will be installing stained glass windows depicting events in the lives of Jesus and the Blessed Mother and parishioners are raising money to cover the cost of creation and installation.

The Cheap, Phillips, Rouser and Sitzler families all have ties to police, fire, EMS, corrections and military personnel through their families or professions and are sponsoring a window in honor of all who serve in these capacities.

The window’s theme is the “Universal Call to Holiness” and is shared with an image of Jesus’ Ascension to Heaven. We felt this theme was appropriate to honor those who serve since God calls us all to be like him and serve each other, and that is what those called to these professions do for their country, community and neighbors daily. Please help us honor them, and enhance our worship space with this beautiful window and its message of love and Christ-like service to each other.

When you make your donation, be sure to include the name of who you are honoring with your donation in the comments field. Also, when you are finished making your donation, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ICHeroesWindowFund and post a photo of your loved one there with a brief message about them and their service. We want to hear their stories.

Thank you and God bless!

(92% of all ONLINE donations go directly to the window fund. The remaining 8% are for use of the GoFundMe site. If you prefer that 100% of your donations go to the fund, please contact us directly to make a check or cash donation.)

  • Bill & Lillie Ernst 
    • $45 (Offline)
    • 79 mos
  • Lee Phillips 
    • $50 
    • 79 mos
  • Robben Murphy 
    • $100 
    • 79 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 80 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 (Offline)
    • 80 mos
See all

Organizer

Beth Ernst Phillips 
Organizer
La Grange, KY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more