We are running an I CAN Camp for 30 teenagers on the Spectrum (aged 14-17-years-old) from Friday 20 - Sunday 22 April 2018. Our venue is PGL Kindilan, Days Rd, Redland Bay, Qld. We would love your support!
I CAN Camps build the confidence and pride of Autistic teenagers. The camps are important because...
- More than 8 in 10 Autistic students face difficulties in school
- Only 19% of Autistic students gain a post-secondary qualification
If we can build the confidence of our young people it's more likely the community will experience all the benefits that Autistic youth have to offer. Currently Australia is missing out!
Here are some examples of what your donation can do!
- $55 funds individual mentoring for a young person feeling anxious about camp
- $130 funds a partial scholarship to an I CAN Camp
- $200 covers the costs of an Autistic mentor to attend camp
- $260 funds a full scholarship to an I CAN Camp
- $500 funds the return flight of a Melbourne team member to support the Queensland camp team
We hope you can support us! We will be sharing the story of the I CAN Queensland Camp at the Australian Association of Special Education Conference in Cairns, Qld. If we raise over $5,000 for the Camp, additional monies will be put towards our team's participation in this important conference.
- Frank Pettinato
- Karen, Craig and Jacob .
- Annabel Holt
- Emma Madison
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more