I want to continue teaching my kids

Hi everyone!

My name is Hayoung Ariel Kim and I’m from South Korea. I currently work as a high school Math teacher in Van Nuys area. I graduated from UCLA with a bachelor’s in Math and master’s in Education.

I have been working with a student visa (through OPT) but as it is only valid for one year, I need to process my Work Visa (H1B). 
My current employer has offered to sponsor my visa, however, I need to pay for the attorney fees  to my lawyer who’s been helping us to file the documents! 

As teachers are usually underpaid, I am having trouble coming up with the funds to pay the attorney. 
If I don’t get this visa, I will have to go back to Korea and my teaching credential that I worked very, very hard for will expire after 2 years. THERE WILL BE NO GUARANTEE FOR ME TO COME BACK TO USA. 
After my OPT expires in July, I have a grace period of a couple of weeks. After that I MUST leave America, otherwise I will be illegal. 

I have great passion in teaching, and I also have a great pride in making Math fun and accessible. Please help me continue to work with my kids! I love my kids and I wouldn’t ever want to give up my career as their teacher, friend, mentor, supporter, and family ❤️


 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 34 mos
  • Natalie Pham 
    • $50 
    • 37 mos
  • Eric Sneddon  
    • $10 
    • 37 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 37 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 37 mos
See all


Hayoung Kim 
Los Angeles, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more