Love County Sheriff Marty Grisham says a boy was trying to save his father from a fire that burned a house down on Renick Road early Wednesday morning (January 17, 2018)
but the boy and his dad did not make it out in time.
Sheriff Grisham said the teenage girl, her 13-year-old brother and their 60-year-old father were all home when the fire started around 1 A.M.
Their mother was at the store.
Grisham says the kids were sleeping in the living room when the girl woke up and saw the flames and ran outside to call 911 and get help.
The boy tried to get his paralyzed father into a wheel chair but the two were overcome by heavy smoke
"Upon arrival the deputies found the house engulfed in flames," Sheriff Grisham said. "(They) attempted to enter the house, couldn't make it through the front due to the fire and couldn't make it to the back also due to fire and debris."
The fire started in the living room from an electric heater, according to Grisham.
No donation is to small, please share this and help this family, They have not only lost their home and everything they have, they lost a father, a husband, a son, and a brother.
Thank you and God bless.