Mission: Providing education to the disadvantaged children of Léogane, giving them hope for the future and skills to live as productive members of their community, so that they can realize their purpose in life.
History: Léogane was the epicenter of a 2010 earthquake, which devastated Haiti and destroyed homes, churches and schools. The community has struggled to rebuild its facilities and many families live in greater need and cannot afford education for their children.
In 2017: Hope for Léogane supported 136 children with tuition scholarships (averaging $600/year per child) and 89 children and families attended our Annual Dinner. We were also able to provide 100 pairs of shoes and more than 4 dozen backpacks and school supplies.
Hope for Léogane is Currently Working on:
· Purchasing the land to build a school in Leogane.
· Architectural plans for the 8 classroom building (with future addition of a second floor for more classrooms).
· Sport field designs (soccer, basketball, volleyball).
· Classroom furniture and supplies.
· Supporting the children with scholarships, backpacks, school supplies and other necessary items.
DonationsSee top donations
- Nancy Novoa
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more