1. GT Bank, Account# 0233 540 837
2. Nigeria Donations https://donate-ng.com/project/745
After visiting a local school in the village behind our house in Nigeria, we had to do something.
Your donation will directly be used at public nursery and primary schools in Nigeria. The students are enthusiastic, the teachers are committed and the administration is willing but there is a significant gap in resources and infrastructure necessary for a high-quality education.
We believe that education is a way out of poverty and a crucial foundation for a fulfilling life in the 21st century. We also know that a single action can make a difference in the community, and that collective action can greatly impact the world.
This belief system coupled with a desire to impact our immediate community and a determination to be part of the solution to one of the numerous problems in Nigeria, birthed the HONEST Project.
One school at a time
HONEST Project #1
The HONEST project has visited Dutsen Apo Primary school and after a visual assessment, a discussion with the Head Mistress and approval by the Local Education Authority, it was determined that HONEST Project will make an impact in the following 4 areas.
Current state: The lovely children have to ease themselves on the floor and all troop back into the classroom without washing their hands, then eat their lunches with those hands.
- This is unsanitary and results in them missing numerous days of school from illnesses such as diarrhea, cholera and general tummy ache.
Our short-term goal is to transform our partner school, LEA Dutsen Apo primary school in Abuja, by building a working water supply system and a working, presentable restroom.
The goals for this project are as follows:
· Goal 1 - Infrastructure development – A working water supply system for drinking and hand-washing, a working restroom, power supply and playground will be built as Dutsen Apo Primary school, Abuja
· Goal 2 - Advocacy – The parents, teachers and the village head will be brought together to collaborate and with the Local Education Authority to provide quality education for the children.
· Goal 3 - Scholarship - 2 monetary
Good Citizenship awards will be given to students who complete Primary 5, Common Entrance Exam, and an essay showing how they are impacting their immediate community positively.
· Goal 4 - Professional Development – All teachers and administrative staff will be trained through a collaboration with 1 Million Teachers. Teachers will be supported to complete an online 12 months of reward-based training.
All aspects of this project will be evaluated for efficiency
and impact. All teachers, administrative staff, students and community leaders will be surveyed to determine their satisfaction with the project goals.
Every dollar of your donation will be greatly appreciated by the children at these schools!
Follow your donation and share our campaign!
DonationsSee top donations
- J O
- Constance Umoh
- Mr. & Mrs. Taye Grillo
- Mrs. Yinka Oshilaja
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more