7a Friday- 6p Sunday
Where: Ensenada, Mexico - by way of San Diego
How: 20-30 volunteers come together to unite financial resources, time, energy and hearts
What/why: We'll be going to Maneadero, Mexico to build a house from the ground up. Families are currently living with dirt for floors, pallets for walls, and a tarp for roofs.
Who: Me, Mali Woods, 36 year old San Diego resident whose life passion is being a voice for the voiceless and contributing my energy, heart, and soul wherever I can. And Baja Bound
Every donation helps and goes towards:
- An experienced staff that provides logistics, set-up, guidance and interpreters.
- Construction materials, equipment, and every other needed element to build a 16 X 20 insulated home on a concrete slab with electrical wiring.
- Service programs and outreach in the community and local orphanage.
1) For those interested in joining us, the trip is very SAFE. Accommodations for the weekend are in a gated community. Your stay, all meals and expenses are covered in your $300 donation. (Depending on fundraising - participants may receive cash back)
2) The drive is to Ensenada is 2.5 hours from San Diego. It is safe, on paved roads. When the participants are confirmed, I will work with everyone to arrange transportation, carpools, etc.
3) Everyone will have an opportunity to build the home, volunteer at the orphanage, and support with the community programs.
4) No experience is necessary! All you need is a big heart and a positive attitude!
5) You're welcome to stay for all or part of the build weekend, whatever works best with your schedule.
6) For those who cannot join but still want to support, comment below so I can tag you in our go fund me.
"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something." -Helen Keller
THANK YOU for choosing to do something! In cases like these, that "something" means EVERYTHING.
DonationsSee top donations
- Gioconda Chiera
- Ann Gonzales
- william hernquist
- 111 Rubinstein
- Alison Vasan
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more