Thankfully no one was home at the time and no one was harmed, except for one dog, Pele, who was in the house hiding from the fireworks. She's been getting emergency vet care and we're keeping our fingers crossed. Given the timing of the fire was just after midnight, we suspect errant fireworks may have been the cause.
The entire home, along with their generators and solar panels were destroyed, so they will literally be starting from scratch to rebuild.
They are so appreciative of all the friends and family who have reached out in support over the last few days. Many have asked how they can help, so we've set up this fundraising site as a means for anyone who would like to contribute.
We have also set up a meal train to help them stay nourished during this time of enormous stress and upheaval.
Aloha & Mahalo
ps: neither January nor Sam are on Facebook, so please feel free to share with anyone in your network whom you think may be looking for ways to support them
Pps: GoFundMe wants me to confirm that January and Sam are my mom and step father. All funds are being deposited directly to a Hawaii First Federal Credit Union account. If you would like to make a donation directly and avoid gofundme’s credit card processing fee, please let me know and I can give you the account info. ￼ ￼ some photos of the damage: ￼￼￼
- Amy Bright
- Ginger O'Neill
- Janet Fisher
- Margaret Horwatt
- Dominique Lambert-Blum
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more