On Tuesday June 13, 2017 Leigh-Anne and her 2 boys lost their home to a devastating house fire. Leigh-Anne was away on a business trip, but her two boys, Dante age 19 and Jonel age 12, were in the house. A neighbor happened to be outside about 5 am and heard popping noises followed by an explosion which engulfed the main entrance to the house. Another neighbor tried to alert the boys by banging on windows and yelling inside. Dante woke to voices, then the smell of smoke. He was able to get Jonel to come down from his room upstairs and they went in Dante’s room and closed the door. The neighbor then came to Dante’s window and was able to help them safely exit.
Although the boys and Leigh-Anne are safe, they have lost everything they had. If you are in a place to donate anything, it would be greatly appreciated to help get this wonderful family back on their feet.