Herb & Mary Lou and the entire extended family would like to thank everyone who has expressed concern and offered to help. This Go Fund Me page is created for YOU to help this amazing family who has always opened their doors and hearts to so many people. I personally have experienced their grace and generosity when I moved in with them for 3+ months when first moving to Houston without a place to stay.
A donation to this fund would not only help them with their immiediate needs but will also give them the boost they need to start the task of rebuilding and recovering from this atrocious storm.
Here's another quote from a dear friend, LisaHickey Baile: "Herb and Mary Lou Riley have well-established history of generously sharing their home with friends and family, always offering their special gift of love and laughter. It is my privilege to give back to this wonderful couple during their time of need."
I know I had you at "Herb and Mary Lou need our help" -- but if you want a detailed list of some items on the list I asked Nancy to name a few specific things on their to-do list and the related estimates:
- inspection on electrical damage and repair TBD
- inspection on mold and remediation & repair TBD
- house restoration: tile floors, doors, carpet, etc - $40K
- replace furniture, sheets, linens, towels $10-15K
- replace appliances (ruined) - $4000
- professional drywall removal and drying - $4800
- temporary apt while clean-up occurs (unknown if % will be covered by FEMA) -- approx $1,500/month x 3+
- pool drainage and clean up - TBD
- piano needs to be moved ($350) and restored ($600)
- fans & generator ($600)
- grandfather clock restoration ($700)
- dining table restoration ($300)
Thank you so much for boosting their finances and spirits with your contribution.