It has been 2 days since our Henry was declared as "Brain Death" from a Cardiac Arrest leading to oxygen starvation to his brain.
We had the meeting yesterday with "The Life Centre" to donate Henry's organs as a gift to other families, with a view to him living on and potentially saving up to 3 lives.
We have raised this GoFundMe page to, not only, enable us to arrange all post-death activities - which will include movement of his body, cremation, funeral costs, Memorial/Celebration services at Central Washington, travel to bring his sister to his side, and any repatriation costs back to the U.K. followed by a Memorial Service when he is "Home" (to be perfectly honest, we have no idea what any of this will entail in the USA or costs involved?!?!). As mentioned above, if the fund goes beyond what we need, we would like to set any excess into some sort of Foundation in his name (end charity to be decided by immediate family at this time - we will update everyone at the right time).
Henry was our world and was an unbelievable role model to many kids around him, a born winner through grit, determination and bravery. He was an ultimate athlete reaching the top of his game in ANYTHING he turned his hand to - this includes:
- Winning Sports boy of the year EVERY year through infants and Juniors
- League Winning footballer for Brigg Town and Appleby Frodingham
- A signed football player at North Ferriby United
- A-Team and 1st XV at Hymers College in every year for Rugby
- 1st XV, VII and X's at Sedbergh School - with Full School Colours - The Brown SSFC for life!!
- Believed to be the first School Team in recent times to win the coveted National Treble in one season
- 2018 Daily Mail (XV) Champions
- 2018 Rosslyn Park VII's Champions
- 2018 Army X's Champions
- Rugby Varsity Athlete Scholarship to Central Washington University, to become a Wildcat for life
- Helped CWU improve their National Rankings from 16th when he arrived to 3rd in USA (currently) - I'd like to see them reach #1 with Todd!!
That is just a very basic high-level view of his achievements in sport, BUT he was sooooo much more than that!!
A fantastic son, brother, grandson, nephew, boyfriend, (best)friend, confidant, MATE and all-round charmer!! He touched the lives of everyone he met and looking at the support we have received to date - has left a lasting impression on everyone.
For this reason, we would love to see this GoFundMe Page recognise and allow us to reflect on his life and, hopefully, enable us to make his name live on and help others (either through Sport or in a similar position to Henry's last days with us). I will personally manage the fund but will work with family and advisers to work out the best way to establish any Foundation, should the funding be large enough.
We would like to thank Virginia Mason for keeping him alive long enough for us to get through the absolute nightmare of travel through COVID, to allow us to say goodbye to him properly.
As anyone knows Henry - he would want to be "sent off" in the right manner, so we are thinking of personal service with his Girlfriend, Family and all Wildcats that can make it. Then we need to return to the UK and follow this with a Memorial Service in the UK for all family and friends.
We also want to reach out to everyone who has supported us in the living hell, nightmare that we are going through - the messages and Caring Bridge site have been fantastic and quite unbelievable. CWU and Sedbergh have been monumental in their support at this time.
As a family, we have gone from the "Awesome Foursome" - to - "The Three Musketeers"!!!
Sean, Jo and Frances
DonationsSee top donations
- Adriana Zawada
- Nasser Ali
- Danny Seddon-Roberts