The entire country pulled together to offer unconditional help and support. Therapy dogs were brought in immediately to help the families, and the students, one of ours in particular. They were at the homes, the memorial services and the funerals. The ability of how these animals became so important in the healing process, was so incredible. When the students had to return to MSD, the therapy dogs were there to help ease the apprehension in returning back school.
This horrific day will never be forgotten, and changes will take place, things will eventually settle and although never really return to normal, Marjory Stoneman Douglas will have to become a high school again.
Utahbernedoodles has donated a puppy to Diana, the Librarian/Media Specialist at MSD. Diana will keep the puppy at school during the day in the media center and she will bring the puppy home. She and her husband, Ray (who works at the neighboring school, Westglades Middle), will raise the puppy to be a certified therapy dog with our help. Ray and Diana were very instrumental in helping the students during that terrible day and they are also suffering with their own grief and emotions.
Funds collected will be for:
1. To send the puppy to puppy training camp. This will teach the puppy basic training. (house breaking, come, stay, sit, crate training, and sleeping through the night.)
2. Initial puppy kit. (crate, bowls for food and water. puppy toys, etc.)
3. Pet Insurance. We will be using Healthy Paws Pet Insurance. Healthy Paws will give all MSD pets 15% off monthly premiums. Although BROOKSIDE ANIMAL HOSPITAL has donated all well visits, vaccines, and everything else the puppy/dog will need, in addition to 10% off sick visits. If he/she gets very sick (g-d forbid), this is where insurance comes in.
4. Food. This Bernedoodle puppy can grow up to 50lbs. That means around 2-3 cups of specialty food. per day.
5. Toys. Puppies and dogs love their toys and babies!
6. Pet therapy training. Mike, from Fun Dog Training held at Pet Supermarket, will be donating his training for free. However, depending on the temperament of the puppy, any additional private training might be necessary.
7. Grooming. These dogs must be groomed every 6 weeks.
Tim Barker, the owner of Fun Dog Training, will be the beneficiery of our campaign.
*Special recognition and thanks to: Principal TY Thompson, Sandra Davis (Curriculum Specialist), Chad and Amy Tamaroff and their boys, Alec, Dylan, and Jared for putting this together.
Thanks to Utahbernedoodles, Brookside Animal Hospital, Fun Dog Training, Pet Supermarket in Coral Springs, and Diana and Ray Haneski!!!
- Nancy hodari
- Dawn Azzarelli
- Jami Abell Patterson
- Mary Molofsky
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more